Quantcast

Hong Kong Phooey!!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
In fairness I should add that my position on the trip has softened. Have fun.

But the insurance thing? I guess lightining never strikes in the same place twice eh?

Toshi said:
it's not about the trip. i don't care about that at all, in fact. continuing to ride dh without insurance (as is the implication from the lack of response to my question) is the point in question. size of balls and this trip are both equally irrelevant.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
MMike said:
Oooohhhh....I see...I didn't realize that the ONLY reason I'm not a pro DHer was my lack of courage. Good to know....
No one is questioning your courage? Judging by all your jabbin on the internet you undoubtedly have plenty?
Its your lack of skill that keeps you down...

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
trailhacker said:
No one is questioning your courage? Judging by all your jabbin on the internet you undoubtedly have plenty?
Its your lack of skill that keeps you down...
benbmx did...

But I only have internet courage....it's goes with my small man's syndrome of course. In real life I would cower like a wee little girl....and wet myself.

Fortunately I'm ok with not being a pro mtb'er....I seem to have a few other skills goin' for me.

Oh and benbmx....I don't have a cubicle...I have my own office. It's pretty big too.....I could stand some new carpet though.....

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Dear MMike.

Are you still riding mtb's, and living in the PNW?

Just curious because the few times I met you, you were pretty quiet and unconfrontational. Wondering why your posts seem so rude for guy who's never around anymore? Most of us know each other in the PNW orat least someone that knows the person on the sight, if you get my drift. I remeber you being pretty quiet when you use to be around , may be not friendly, or just shy, but either way to me it's pretty obvious, that you are just a grown up trapped in a little fat kids body, who couldn't and will never back up anything you post on this site if it was a face to face conversation.

Here is an idea.....Go Pose on Pinkbike or NSMB where you belong!

Cheers

PNW MTBR

ggrubb

Monkey
Jul 3, 2002
Endub Empire
MMike said:
But I only have internet courage....it's goes with my small man's syndrome of course. In real life I would cower like a wee little girl....and wet myself.
Didnt someone smack you for sh!t you were saying on-line before? I think I remember that something like that DID happen before you left, and you were whining online about it after.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
sweet jeebus, how you guys like to portray yourselves as thugs... well, maybe you are, and good for you if that's what you're shooting for. did either of you step back and think over whether mmike has a point before busting out the veiled threats?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Tootrikky said:
Dear MMike.

Are you still riding mtb's, and living in the PNW?

, but either way to me it's pretty obvious, that you are just a grown up trapped in a little fat kids body, who couldn't and will never back up anything you post on this site if it was a face to face conversation.

You think I'm fat? Well now that's just plain mean....I look great in 501's though....

As for backing up what I say? Well Cutris Dunbar gave me the GLARING of a lifetime at 38 while back. You know what I did? I SCOFFED at him! Can you believe it? It was a full blown SCOFFING! So maybe you can see who you are dealing with....yessiree....Don't make me scoff at you...I'll do it too..... I'm CRAZY!!!

(And I have no idea who you are BTW)

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
ggrubb said:
Didnt someone smack you for sh!t you were saying on-line before? I think I remember that something like that DID happen before you left, and you were whining online about it after.
I've neve been smacked....just called names at by a not-so-smart guy...

And if by whining on-line you mean...hysterical E-laughter, then yes...

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Toshi said:
sweet jeebus, how you guys like to portray yourselves as thugs... well, maybe you are, and good for you if that's what you're shooting for. did either of you step back and think over whether mmike has a point before busting out the veiled threats?

Serioulsy....this is why I never fit in with the "bro mentality".... People seem to be unwilling to point out stupidity because someone's a "fellow mountain biker".

THINK ABOUT IT!

Guy...REALLY cool guy, gets hurt with no insurance. Gets fixed up, borrows some money from friends to slide by. Heals up and is luck enough to be up and riding again in almost no time. GREAT!! Fanatastic! Could have been way worse. Dodged bullet wouldn't you think?

So now a normal person would learn from this.....and we talking here about a ahem "professional athlete" no less... who NEEDS to engage in dangerous activity as their...ahem.."job"... You're not telling me that you guys wouldn't maybe re-examine your priorities??

Yep... I'm the jerk here, because none of this affects me in the least. I just can't believe that none of what I'm saying has occurred to ANY of you (besides Toshi). You're all caught up with ..."hey man...Lars is a cool guy..." Great I'm sure he is. He doesn't seem to intent on learning from his (expensive) mistakes though. But it's none of my concern. You all can bail out your "bro's" ass again, the next time he does it too....

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Guy...REALLY cool guy, gets hurt with no insurance. Gets fixed up, borrows some money from friends to slide by. Heals up and is luck enough to be up and riding again in almost no time.
I would have to assume that he wouldn't be paying anyone back if the money that was raised was by friends and or family donations. (Borrow means payback correct?)

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
MMike,
Your defense is weak, we all know the consequences of riding w/out insurance, we don't need you point this out, especially in your trademark condescending style, you think you are doing us a service? You have historically went out of your way to call out other peoples mistakes, flaws, or stupididty, yet you don't live here, might not even ride anymore, and are not part of the community (yeah that's right community not "Bro Network" there's a big difference, figure it out) of mtbr's that make up the PNW RM forum. What's makes you think you are qualified to make judgements about other peoples actions, and PNW events when you don't even know half the story the majority of the time, and are not part of the community. Why do you even care? I think you get off on posting stuff that's controversal and offensive, if so go somehwere else where you belong, beacuse it baffles me why you post in the PNW forum still.

Everbody loves to hate Mmike......I like Mmike.

He asks the questions nobody is comfortable asking, in this case I think he has a point. He even seems to have some support from a few other monkies.

As I said before, It's not about the travel or paying back monies given in charity. It's about not making an effort to insure you don't put your freinds in position to feel obligated to bail you out......again. That's just selfish.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
PsychO!1 said:
Everbody loves to hate Mmike......I like Mmike.

He asks the questions nobody is comfortable asking, in this case I think he has a point. He even seems to have some support from a few other monkies.

As I said before, It's not about the travel or paying back monies given in charity. It's about not making an effort to insure you don't put your freinds in position to feel obligated to bail you out......again. That's just selfish.
Selfish? You raced professioanly before right, who paid your bills? You were coverd the whole time right?

Oct 14, 2005
Canadaville
Has anyone noticed the guys who are preaching about what DHer's shoudl be doing aren't even a blip on the DH radar anymore. Though, I'm sure they still tell all the gals around the office how big they huck. :eviltongu Thanks for the tax $$ next time I go to the ER f'ers. You guys are old.

rudyhucks-table said:
Has anyone noticed the guys who are preaching about what DHer's shoudl be doing aren't even a blip on the DH radar anymore. Though, I'm sure they still tell all the gals around the office how big they huck. :eviltongu Thanks for the tax $$ next time I go to the ER f'ers. You guys are old.
You may be on to something there....I'm definitly a washed up old guy. But I'm cool with that, I still enjoy riding my bike.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
rudyhucks-table said:
Has anyone noticed somepeople are "old enough to know better, but still to young to care"?

:D

I have never bragged about how big (small) I huck. If my tires don't have to leave the ground....they don't :D But then again I have been hurt pretty good also....and been the idiot without insurance.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
rudyhucks-table said:
Did that even make sense?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Tootrikky said:
MMike,
Your defense is weak, .
Defense? What defense? I'm not defending anything. I'm just saying what I think (whether anyone cares or not)

"There's no need to be defensive"

"I'm not being defensive. You're being defensive. Why is it always the other person who's being defensive?"

benbmx

Chimp
Mar 6, 2003
T-town
I usually just lurk, post, and leave, but this sh*t is ridiculous!!!!
Does anyone want to start a thread about bike stuff, or something close. There has to be something else you monkeys (and me) can complain about.........Oh, and I have insurance, I love to drink beer, and take long walks on the beach.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
MMike said:
Defense? What defense? I'm not defending anything. I'm just saying what I think (whether anyone cares or not)

"There's no need to be defensive"

"I'm not being defensive. You're being defensive. Why is it always the other person who's being defensive?"

You are hilarious you realiZe that I am being sincere right?

Question:

1)If I explain my use of the word Defense would I be being explanative?

Or

If I Defend my use of the word defense would I be being defensive?

becasue I do not wat to become defensive. Please direct me in how I should reply.

Thanks

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
I'm not sure I follow... I know you're being serious. I just don't give a crap what you think. People are (I assume) trying to hurt my feelings by attacking shortcomings I don't really care about. My riding ability? "Oh no....someone called me slow!".... Some people don't care for me "in the community"? Gee...I did manage to manintain a few friends in my 6 years there... I don't CARE who doesn't like me. At least a few people find my delivery entertaining, and that's enough for me.

As for you being defensive, I know you weren't being defensive. You post reminded my of an old SNL Martin Short sketch. I was quoting it...

Tootrikky said:
You are hilarious you realiZe that I am being sincere right?

Question:

1)If I explain my use of the word Defense would I be being explanative?

Or

If I Defend my use of the word defense would I be being defensive?

becasue I do not wat to become defensive. Please direct me in how I should reply.

Thanks

Knobularlife

Monkey
Mar 26, 2002
Lakeweird,WA
benbmx said:
I usually just lurk, post, and leave, but this sh*t is ridiculous!!!!
Does anyone want to start a thread about bike stuff, or something close. There has to be something else you monkeys (and me) can complain about.........Oh, and I have insurance, I love to drink beer, and take long walks on the beach.
This one time on the beach....My brother was trying to roll over this huge rock....While he was bent down I dropped three small rockcrabs down his butt crack......:devil:

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
MMike said:
I'm not sure I follow... I know you're being serious. I just don't give a crap what you think. People are (I assume) trying to hurt my feelings by attacking shortcomings I don't really care about. My riding ability? "Oh no....someone called me slow!".... Some people don't care for me "in the community"? Gee...I did manage to manintain a few friends in my 6 years there... I don't CARE who doesn't like me. At least a few people find my delivery entertaining, and that's enough for me.

As for you being defensive, I know you weren't being defensive. You post reminded my of an old SNL Martin Short sketch. I was quoting it...
1. Mmike I don't care about your riding ability just whether you ride or not, this site is about MTB's, not who's is a good rider or not. Why are you being defensive about your riding ability, Did someone accuse you of being slow, if so that is too bad, I apologize. I just wondered if you still ride is all.
2. If you don't care what other people think that's fine, making it obvious in your posts is BS. To me what's said over the internet is the same as saying it face to face. I seriously doubt you would say half the stuff you post too anyone face to face.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Tootrikky said:
1. Mmike I don't care about your riding ability just whether you ride or not, this site is about MTB's, not who's is a good rider or not. Why are you being defensive about your riding ability, Did someone accuse you of being slow, if so that is too bad, I apologize. I just wondered if you still ride is all.
2. If you don't care what other people think that's fine, making it obvious in your posts is BS. To me what's said over the internet is the same as saying it face to face. I seriously doubt you would say half the stuff you post too anyone face to face.
1) I think it was benbmx who was spouting off about speed being the measure of a man. Sorry to lump you in with that...

2) Well....yeah, I will bite my tongue on occasion face to face...but I think I've offended nearly as many people in person as I have on-line.

Knobularlife

Monkey
Mar 26, 2002
Lakeweird,WA
MMike said:
1) I think it was benbmx who was spouting off about speed being the measure of a man. Sorry to lump you in with that
2) Well....yeah, I will bite my tongue on occasion face to face...but I think I've offended nearly as many people in person as I have on-line.
Im the fastest man alive:o: ...........Thats what she said:dead:.........................................................................bitch:mumble:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
MMike said:
HEY!! There's no laughing in this thread! This is very serious stuff here!
Says the "man" with the Elmo avatar. :eviltongu ;)

Geez MMike, U R such a Peckerwood.....I bet you don't know your superman seat grabs from a hole in the ground. :rolleyes:

That little girl of yours riding yet?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Not quite...she's only 21 month old....but she can count to 14 and recite and identify all the letters of the alphabet....(seriously) She points out lettersand number on signs in stores and stuff...blows people away. Couldn't be more proud of her. She does hate the cold however.....we're going to have to fix that!

RhinofromWA said:
Says the "man" with the Elmo avatar. :eviltongu ;)

Geez MMike, U R such a Peckerwood.....I bet you don't know your superman seat grabs from a hole in the ground. :rolleyes:

That little girl of yours riding yet?