Quantcast

honolulu riding, any ideas

gunslingger

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I will be there for the next week or so and of course at the same time it is drying out here for a few days.......anyhow does anyone know of somewhere I can rent a bike and ride for a day or so? if it has to be xc so be it but i would rather "need" a bigger bike.

Thanks!

hucked2bend

Monkey
May 24, 2005
Bend, Oregon
I will be there for the next week or so and of course at the same time it is drying out here for a few days.......anyhow does anyone know of somewhere I can rent a bike and ride for a day or so? if it has to be xc so be it but i would rather "need" a bigger bike.

Thanks!

I just got back from Oahu, wife & I tried to rent bikes (she is even from there, 20+ years) to do some XC riding, or even some shuttles, no dice, we searched & called every shop on that side of the island. The best bike I found was a Trek Fuel with v-brakes & scary tires. If you do swing a big bike, hit up the St Louis Heights DH trails, super fun & right in town area!

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Can't help you on a rental bike, but Hucked has it right on St. Louis Hts. Just go to the University of Hawaii parking lot on Dole St. mid-morning on Saturday or Sunday, and you'll see a ton of guys meeting there to do shuttle runs. They have a sick network of 3-6 minute DH trails up above there (there was a World Cup DH race there back in 96 or 97, so the place is totally legit).

If you offer to drive the shuttle for a while, someone may offer you up a bike to bang around on. Most of those dudes are super cool guys, and quite a few of them have backup DH or FR bikes that they might loan out in the spirit of Aloha. :) If nothing else, those guys would know if anyone has a bike to rent.

Have fun, and drink a couple Mai Tai's at Duke's on Waikiki for me. Goddam, I miss that place.

--JP