Quantcast

Hood Mussel...

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
sh*t scared said:
They are Red Goodridge Braided hoses, with standard Hope connectors. work superbly, and cost jack sh*t!

Oh, and after trying with my mates Avy MTN´s I far prefered the stiffness and rigidty of the monsters :confused:
someone else here will have allot of different colors of brake hoses real soon.

Stay tuned

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
they come in red,blue,yellow,clear,carbon and a few other colors and look very good once installed :)

sh*t scared

Monkey
Sep 30, 2004
konastab01 said:
hoods rulle im going to get one
**** that bike is the the ****.what does it weight

Mine tips the scales at...........64.5lbs

Go-on, ask me if i give a rats d*ck about weight, go-on......!!!!!

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
if you have a hood i dont think you care aboyt weight as they are about the strongest frames if not the strongest on the market and your build is sweet as,a pure huck machine if i ever saw one.
and they rule aslo that yellow makes it stand out so much

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
sh*t scared said:
I´m not entirely sure just jet, i like the handling as it is, and like the fact that i could put on of those Surly Large Marge rims on the front (65mm rim!). Hoever, If i do go 24", it´ll be on a doublewide so the tyre fits properly. Did you change yours to 24" in the end?
I have the parts (6" seismic hub and 24" trailpimp) for the new front wheel, I just have to build it. Then I can switch between 24" or 26" depending on what I am riding. Are those surly rims strong enough for dh? I haven't seen anyone use them except for on a vicious cycles snow bike.

draco

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Roche-STAR
those are some sweet rides. total east coast machines. I just made one at our place tonight. not a knock-off, but a similar style bike... would park nicely next to those. cant wait for the snow to be gone!~

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
draco have you got any pics of the dh rig you made.would like to see it.
in one of the pics jimmy has a big stick thing with a set of front forks on one end what is that for????and the rear triangles on they hoods are bomb proof,dont think that when i get mine i will ever break it

sh*t scared

Monkey
Sep 30, 2004
konastab01 said:
looks good mate but not as good as the hoods,how does it ride

Dont be cheeky you little pip squeak :nope:

Give the man some respect, he does miracles with a Welder.

(look real nice Draco, love to ride the sus bike!)

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
not being cheeky,its a awesome looking frame but it doesnt look as good as the hood but is not painted.do you make a lot of the full sus frames??????
and draco that hardtail looks awesome good work :thumb:

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
John(draco)
can yours beat 64lbs?
come on, mine would, right?
haha, build her up already dammit

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
is sh*ts 64lbs,and what does rds weight ,if one of them weights 64lbs you will be able to plough through anything and not feel it :thumb: :thumb:

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
mate mojo in the uk are doing a lighter version of the mr dirt forks with mojo internals and mr dirt outer they are meant to be awesome or so i have heard

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
konastab01 said:
mate mojo in the uk are doing a lighter version of the mr dirt forks with mojo internals and mr dirt outer they are meant to be awesome or so i have heard
That's cool, any links with more info about it?

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
The mojo X-1 fork....

---LINK to article

Looks like a killer fork, the Mr Dirt is a great base to build upon. Its light weight too, around 8lbs. Would love to get my hands on one.

draco

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Roche-STAR
DHS said:
John(draco)
can yours beat 64lbs?
come on, mine would, right?
haha, build her up already dammit

64lbs?! wtf! what one of your bikes rolls in at that?! geez man, almost fully built this was only 52. that was everything but a chain, derailleur, and rear brake! :eek:

sh*t scared

Monkey
Sep 30, 2004
yeah, mine tips the scales at 64lb´s. But is is on heavy kit such as doublewides, gazza 3´s, DH tubes, etc. not too fussed about the weight, as when hammering downhill, nothing stops it! Just wouldn´t want to be a tree in the way of it.

draco

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Roche-STAR
oh oh. see i thought DHS meant his. and i couldnt figure it out. lead weights maybe? haha.

yeah dude. 3" tires, 26" wheels, endless travel, perfect geometry.. the bike feels lighter... and will knock down trees just to ride over them :D

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
RD3 said:
The mojo X-1 fork....

---LINK to article
Looks like a killer fork, the Mr Dirt is a great base to build upon. Its light weight too, around 8lbs. Would love to get my hands on one.
looks great but all i want are those carbon fork guards!

do you think Alex would be willing to make some of these for a dorado x works, and avalanche DHF8?

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
spoke to this dud e a few mobths back and his huck bike weighted between 8 and 90 lbs :eek: :eek: and i was only a single speed

Bullitboyz

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
CT. USA
konastab01 said:
so does anyone know the address to the hood bikes website as i cant find
thanks

site's down for a while till Jimmy's web guy gets his act together...
unless someone wants to step up and offer their talents..

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
so what color do you think i should get my hood done in,one that hasnt been done before hopefully

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
konastab01 said:
so what color do you think i should get my hood done in,one that hasnt been done before hopefully
haha i posted that same question about 2 years ago before i order up my bmw racelink.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
what color have been done in it,yellow,black,what else
and for your info i wear multi color panties :stupid: