Quantcast

Hood race on Sat? Why?

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Does anyone know why they are doing the Hood race on Saturday? What gives? Did RoundandRound get there hands on the OBRA races?

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Only two of the races are Fri/Sat. which is way better that all of them like last year. Petr is working to get all of the races Sat/Sun for next year, but this year the calendar was already set.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Still trying to find out if they are running the same course or new one!!! Anyone know for sure?

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
66 said:
Does anyone know why they are doing the Hood race on Saturday? What gives? Did RoundandRound get there hands on the OBRA races?
Good one smart guy. Round and Round has never had a DH on Sat. You must be new.

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
riverside73 said:
Good one smart guy. Round and Round has never had a DH on Sat. You must be new.

I always wonder when one of the RnR crew is going to see one of the anti RnR comments. I'm kidda surprised.

In the 4 years I have been racing the WIM, I have never had a race on a saturday.. I didn't mean to say that RnR had. I was more making a joke that RnR puts on DH races that are a little silly. They seem to show a lack of regard for the DH racers interests.

Can you say that the WIM races are on par with the level of racing going on in the sport today?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I'll say that i prefer the hood series over wim, reasons below

1. Lifts (they may be slow, but it beats the shuttle system, and i know silver has lifts but that place is too far....)
2. More technical trails for expert/elite racers.
3. Closer venue (3 hrs vs 6+)
4. Promoter who listens to racers and changes things when he can.
5. they pay $$ for the top 10 fastest.... not that im one of them.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
oly said:
I'll say that i prefer the hood series over wim, reasons below

1. Lifts (they may be slow, but it beats the shuttle system, and i know silver has lifts but that place is too far....)
2. More technical trails for expert/elite racers.
3. Closer venue (3 hrs vs 6+)
4. Promoter who listens to racers and changes things when he can.
5. they pay $$ for the top 10 fastest.... not that im one of them.

I'll add to that:
6. $25 race fee vs $40 or more for WIM. And, if you prereg and can't make it, you get a refund.
7. A keg. Yes, a keg of GOOD beer that is free to racers.
8. T-shirt and socks. It aint much, but its better than nothing.
9. Jumps built by people who ride bikes with...get this...TRANSITIONS!!!!
10. Fun sloppy mud. Oh wait....I guess mud is better than chelan in august.

I'm just trying to get more people to come down there. The course is fun but it would be more fun with a little more competition.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
We are planning on coming down the 30/31 race this month.

I second everything above. Petr and his crew are great, and yes the beer is good!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
I would also like to see more WA racers down there.... even if that means mor competition.

Since we have listed all the good things about hood, here are a few of the things i dislike...

1. Fri/Sat races. I'd prefer all weekend races, but at least there some weekenders....
2. Short Practice time on race day. With the slow lifts this means 1-2 full runs MAYBE. But with lots of people showing up in the mid afternoon for the adventure park, i can see why he wants to be done earlier.
3. Sport/Beg only get 1 run..... that means they are down there draining the keg while the others are getting run #2... haha.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
I would also like to see more WA racers down there.... even if that means mor competition.

Since we have listed all the good things about hood, here are a few of the things i dislike...

1. Fri/Sat races. I'd prefer all weekend races, but at least there some weekenders....
2. Short Practice time on race day. With the slow lifts this means 1-2 full runs MAYBE. But with lots of people showing up in the mid afternoon for the adventure park, i can see why he wants to be done earlier.
3. Sport/Beg only get 1 run..... that means they are down there draining the keg while the others are getting run #2... haha.
The Sport/Beg one run thing...I thought it sucked too, but after your first run it's nice not having to do it again....remember it takes us 6+ minutes to get down.

About the keg...they don't bring it out until Gabe gets done with his second run :p

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Snacks said:
The Sport/Beg one run thing...I thought it sucked too, but after your first run it's nice not having to do it again....remember it takes us 6+ minutes to get down.

About the keg...they don't bring it out until Gabe gets done with his second run :p

LOL. Thats why gabes 2nd runs are so fast!!