Quantcast

Hood River Exploits...

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
How can I sum up Hood River: No flow, nothing big, nothing fun, crappy weather, bad beer, poor construction...these are all things you will not find while traveling and riding at Hood river. Hopefully some pictures will follow...we mostly got video though...we got a nice little clip of Jose launching the ski jump on GP, only to have his forward progress rapidly halted by a shoulder-meets-stump collision.

Here is some monday morning zen...."Douglas fir stumps are tougher than you." Put that under your hat.

Lower GP has some sweet flowing drops and a nice dead end step-up gap, while the upper has added the coolest teeter totter I have ever ridden (all be it only the third).

Nice work and wicked bad gnargnar props to GFRA in da house!! You guys rule.

Who wants to ride again this Friday???

Ouch!Oooh! Whaaa! These are all sounds I have been hearing myself make over the past few days. I really do think the Joe vs Stump ordeal was unfair. I got button hooked. I never saw it comin. Ridin was great though. Wish the rest of it would have been less painful, but it gives good reason to go back. Sagem's, I would like to see the rest of the footage that you got going off the stuff on the new trail.

Things that this chap learned over the weekend.

-it feels weird to be airborn and watch the landing go by.
-it feels worse when the landing is a douglas fir stump.
-the donkey boy sounds more hideous when magnified through a mic.
-when you hit someone in the nuts at a wedding reception, they will most certainly piss on all 4 of your truck tires.

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
were you up on Sunday? Man, all I can say is that I had litrealy THE BEST DAY OF RIDING ever on sunday... when you say GP, do you mean the new section right below it? or are you talking about the big jump to 90deg turn at the botom of the big slope? I LOVE POST CANYON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:monkey: