Quantcast

Hood River this Friday??

deelux 247

Chimp
May 10, 2004
Sherwood, Oregon
Wheres this hood river??? I thought I heard someone say it was somewhere in California, but where at? Also Post Canyon whats up there, I heard thats where all the pretty little ladies go to ride.
Green bomber is gonna get ya!!!

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Originally posted by deelux 247
Wheres this hood river??? I thought I heard someone say it was somewhere in California, but where at? Also Post Canyon whats up there, I heard thats where all the pretty little ladies go to ride.
Its in Orange County. Great XC trails there. Real flat.

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Originally posted by deelux 247
Green bomber is gonna get ya!!!
CHUCKUM"S!!!!!!

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
You didn't think you could go long without me finding out did you??? Hobbies: Monster Truck Rallies???!?!??! Come'on you know I am smarter than that. Can you make it to Hood this weekend??? I will be there friday and saturday...Josephat will be there Saturday too...whats up with benny?? Does he still have a bike or what??? I can't wait to check out the new stuff up at hood....

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
we'll be shuttling...you got a dh bike? I am going down there early Friday morning, but I might have some friends coming down Saturday too...I will keep you posted!

deelux 247

Chimp
May 10, 2004
Sherwood, Oregon
:( I would meet up with you this weekend but Iam going to eastern oregon to kill little innocent sage rats(possible offspring of sagums????). No but I can ride on Sunday if you are still going to be around. Benny is engaged!!! just happened last week and he broke his bike again! funny. Josephat and I are trying to talk him into buying a new bike but we'll see if we can. I guess we know what his priorities are(ha ha). But call me if you have my number and we can get this all figured out. If you don't have it, its 503-720-6640. TDB will ride again with more hollering than ever.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Originally posted by ragin-sagin
mmmm...black, my color of choice as well...
nice, do u ride that anywhere around here? i usually ride at badger mountain park and the hill that is attached to badger mountain itself. (i live up there)

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Well Chuckums...good luck with the squeeker extermination...little bastards, I still dream of them coming back and tearing my body to pieces. Watch your back when you are over there, they know you are a friend of mine...never trust them Charlie, no matter what they say.....

Yea I ride it around here a little bit...I built a bunch of stuff out at State Patrol, but that got old (and dusty) in a hurry. We have a new mountain to focus our building attention on...but I don't know if I should broadcast it over the internet...:D

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Originally posted by ragin-sagin

Yea I ride it around here a little bit...I built a bunch of stuff out at State Patrol, but that got old (and dusty) in a hurry. We have a new mountain to focus our building attention on...but I don't know if I should broadcast it over the internet...:D
oh, i was over at state patrol on my hardtail a couple weeks ago and rode fred and johns for what i think was the first time. i did fine but my friend (riding my gt i-drive trailbike) got kicked over the bars on the little jumps. anyway, maybe you could pm me about that mountain....? i wouldn't tell anybody--i don't even know any mountainbikers here (my friend is a bmxer):rolleyes:

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Yes to riding Hood River tomorrow.

The Volume is great. I pulled apart the cranks and fixed the squeak, replaced the brake cable and it's running like a champ. I can't do much on it yet, but I'm picking stuff up pretty quick.

Next time you're out at State Patrol, take a run down Skateboard. There are some small jumps built about halfway down. Dunno if you'd seen those yet.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Originally posted by Atomic Dog
Yes to riding Hood River tomorrow.

The Volume is great. I pulled apart the cranks and fixed the squeak, replaced the brake cable and it's running like a champ. I can't do much on it yet, but I'm picking stuff up pretty quick.

Next time you're out at State Patrol, take a run down Skateboard. There are some small jumps built about halfway down. Dunno if you'd seen those yet.
glad to hear the volume's working out.

i went down fred and john's with my friend and there were some jumps that like cut a whole bunch of corner's like halfway down the trail. my friend went over the bars on the last one that doesn't shoot you anywhere near the trail. where is skateboard in relation to fred and john's or big tire?

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Go across the top trail east of big tire and FrednJohns. You'll see a sign for it heading off down the hill.

When you're going down the trail you'll see a spot where the trail either goes right or goes straight and drops down a small rocky section. As soon as you drop down into the gully, you can see the bottom of a small drop. (You can climb up to see where the trail starts just above.) It crosses the trail to the left and up the other side of the gully. There are a few more jumps if you follow that and it joins back upwith the main trail. Then at the bottom right before you hit the road you can either jump a small lip down a short hill, or if you look to the right there is a gap you can jump. Nothing too challenging, but it's a fun trail to bomb down.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Originally posted by Atomic Dog
Go across the top trail east of big tire and FrednJohns. You'll see a sign for it heading off down the hill.

When you're going down the trail you'll see a spot where the trail either goes right or goes straight and drops down a small rocky section. As soon as you drop down into the gully, you can see the bottom of a small drop. (You can climb up to see where the trail starts just above.) It crosses the trail to the left and up the other side of the gully. There are a few more jumps if you follow that and it joins back upwith the main trail. Then at the bottom right before you hit the road you can either jump a small lip down a short hill, or if you look to the right there is a gap you can jump. Nothing too challenging, but it's a fun trail to bomb down.
thanks for the directions. do you know if slickrock is still in existence? i heard it was "hard," but i've never been able to find it...

I hear Hood river is simply fantastic this time of year. I saw a bunch of video footage on the newly released video "Take It to the Limit" It shows this guy do a backflip off the ski jump! I wish I could ride there, but I don't think I am brave enough or talented enough to hold a candle on those trails. I heard all the pro's are going straight to family man 'cause it is the newest and baddest thing around. Man, If only I could get down to California, I would maybe go ahead and give it a shot.....

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
PC...Post Canyon, Oregon...whoever said it was in Cali was yanking you chain ;) Man, I can't say anough good stuff about the time and effort that's gone into PC, it's really sweet. You can spend all the time you want drooling over BC and Canada in general, bet we've got our own shore right here in Oregon folks, just be respectfull to the other trail users...

deelux 247

Chimp
May 10, 2004
Sherwood, Oregon
Dude, I know what you mean about that family man trail, I was up there just rippin it up(you know like really rippin it) and I saw all these pros just go flying by me like I was riding a little girls trail. It scared me so bad I almost shat myself. But know I have been practicing and I think I can hang with the big girls on family man. Oh Yeah I saw that guy do the backflip on the skijump in post canyon, California. Dude that was sick he was straight gettin krunked. Did you see the dude do the suicide jockey flip off that jump. I was like dude you crazy!!!:devil: