Quantcast

Hookers, blow and grape drank!

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Senate passes stimulus package

The Senate accord -- reached after days of bickering and passed by 91-6 -- keeps the House-passed rebate check amounts of $300 to $600 for people who have an income between $3,000 and $75,000, plus $300 per child.

Couples earning up to $150,000 would get $1,200.

But the plan also gives checks to more than 20 million Social Security beneficiaries and 250,000 handicapped veterans and their widows.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
of the 20M SS beneficiaries, i wonder how many have already put in to the pot. i also wonder just how this will curtail our main economic shortcoming: deficit spending.

i think i'll buy $1200 worth of mcd's stock, even though dubya wants me to buy only the happy ending meals

sorry if i sound like a ****ing liberal, this **** just doesn't add up.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
When I first saw the thread title I though you meant rape, then I realised there must have been a bunch of them.:twitch:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So is it safe to say that from here on out every time economic growth drops below 3% the government is just going to start handing out checks?

Since when did recession mean <3% growth and not <0%?

Here is an idea. Instead of privatizing social security how about we just make SS like a 401K that you buy federal bonds with? It would keep the debt within the country and it would make people give a **** about national debt levels. Probably a bad idea but it popped into my head and I thought I'd type it out.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
So is it safe to say that from here on out every time economic growth drops below 3% the government is just going to start handing out checks?

Since when did recession mean <3% growth and not <0%?

Here is an idea. Instead of privatizing social security how about we just make SS like a 401K that you buy federal bonds with? It would keep the debt within the country and it would make people give a **** about national debt levels. Probably a bad idea but it popped into my head and I thought I'd type it out.
I think current usage is something along the lines of recession being a drop in growth, and depression negative growth.

I can't confirm that because I set my firewall to block attempts to connect to Wikipedia and then I burnt my copy of the password to reconfigure it.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA

I like it. The only hard part is convincing Republicans to care about debt levels.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
When I first saw the thread title I though you meant rape, then I realised there must have been a bunch of them.:twitch:
i think you caught a typo, and it should be rape.

throwing us some cash is like saying "now go clean yourself up"

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think current usage is something along the lines of recession being a drop in growth, and depression negative growth.

I can't confirm that because I set my firewall to block attempts to connect to Wikipedia and then I burnt my copy of the password to reconfigure it.
From wiki
In macroeconomics, a recession is a decline in a country's gross domestic product (GDP), or negative real economic growth, for two or more successive quarters of a year.