Quantcast

Hooray first real ride

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Borneo said:
Good to see you're back in the saddle. Being broken sux...

Just in time for night riding too.
Night riding last night at St.Eds/Finn Hill.... :thumb: Also this is my 4th time back on the bike since being broken too. Welcome back to the dirt Skookie :thumb:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
evilbob said:
Night riding last night at St.Eds/Finn Hill.... :thumb: Also this is my 4th time back on the bike since being broken too. Welcome back to the dirt Skookie :thumb:
Kevin and I rode out there yesterday morning and the trail was in great shape :thumb: I'm so outta shape my lungs were burning :mumble:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
evilbob said:
Good to hear man, this was my first singletrack ride, i rode at my reservation last week but it was mainly roads. i'm still not close to being back to 100% though i can't spin hard to clear tough climbs and really was doing all the downhill seated strategically placing my foot up to avoid the bumps and was praying on some switchbacks haha. but i'm getting sooo much better day by day, i hope to be able to do easy rides like SST, St. Eds, Tolt soon without needing the gravity assist. :)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
Good to hear man, this was my first singletrack ride, i rode at my reservation last week but it was mainly roads. i'm still not close to being back to 100% though i can't spin hard to clear tough climbs and really was doing all the downhill seated strategically placing my foot up to avoid the bumps and was praying on some switchbacks haha. but i'm getting sooo much better day by day, i hope to be able to do easy rides like SST, St. Eds, Tolt soon without needing the gravity assist. :)
Kevin and I are planning on hitting Tolt or something like it this weekend. Let us know if you are interested.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
Kevin and I are planning on hitting Tolt or something like it this weekend. Let us know if you are interested.
i think that'd be a good ride for me actually i'm gonna be riding easy stuff this week (road riding etc...) and try to stand more and put more and more pressure on the leg to get it used to it. i really think by the time this weekend rolls by i'll be ready for it. :thumb: :) :) :)
did you guys like my volcano drawing? :p

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
i think that'd be a good ride for me actually i'm gonna be riding easy stuff this week (road riding etc...) and try to stand more and put more and more pressure on the leg to get it used to it. i really think by the time this weekend rolls by i'll be ready for it. :thumb: :) :) :)
did you guys like my volcano drawing? :p
Oh yes! We loved your drawing....you have a hidden talent for sure! That guy on PBS with the big hair better watch out ;)

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
Me .... Me over here I'm interested. What time, I haven't hit the trail with any of you since Tiger late July I think just before you got broken playing that other sport :eek: Let me know, and like Skookum I can pedal I just can't jump and smash into stuff yet :mad: but I'm not dead slow either :D

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
bring the family. :p

Hahaha......my mother doesn't ride on dirt. She has enough trouble staying upright on the pavement, and my father doesn't ride uphill :confused: Thank goodness they live in Eastern WA.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
Hahaha......my mother doesn't ride on dirt. She has enough trouble staying upright on the pavement, and my father doesn't ride uphill :confused: Thank goodness they live in Eastern WA.
Ok then they get to drive the shuttle vehicle.... :D just kidding :nope: I've never been to Ranger Creek.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
silly there's hiking up in them there hills. Great view of Mt. Rainier to walk to bout a 3 miler to the viewpoint and back not too bad of hills.....
Run it by em. :sneaky:

oly said:
Is that the indian name for Vultures?
Since it took you this long to come up with "this" as a witty joke i'll spare you a retort. :p

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Skookum said:
Since it took you this long to come up with "this" as a witty joke i'll spare you a retort. :p
I know. Im slow.... been too busy looking at interbike pictures...... you could always post the picture of boy george again.... although you need to overlay that pic on a waffle cone..... then you'd have a real funny pic.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
you just had to go and ask.....

My eyes! My eyes!

My parents don't hike. They are coming over for the auto swap meet in Monroe...that might give you a better idea of the type of folks they are ;)

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Too bad I'll be over at the Rat Sunday. I still want to get you guys across the valley to check out Griffin and Tokul. Both better winter rides that Tolt.
Good move to push the ride out one day. Saturday is looking mighty, "November".

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Borneo said:
Both better winter rides that Tolt.
Not better, different. Have you ridden with JD the guy that made alot of the Griffin trails?
i'd really like Tokul ALOT better if the trails weren't seperated by so much forest road. No continuity really, guess more trail work is needed to bring singletrack together, but really so much moist mucky wet terrain for being elevated on a plateau.....