Quantcast

Hooray it's finally raining!!!!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
it's been so sunny i actually had to bail halfway thru a ride yesterday because the pollen in the air got the best of me. Besides that without rain in February in the Pac NW i've noticed more and more Seattlelites talking like Californians, that kinda crap really get's to me (severe sun depression), it's a miracle i didn't hang myself or even worse go buy one of those touristy Hawaiin shirts.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
=[Stinky]= said:
Hoooray... It finally stoped for us. The past two days have just been really poopy for us.
There was an article in the local paper about a week ago about how sunny we've been and how crappy L.A. has been this month. The weather and riding have been awesome, and it means early epic high mountain rides, i'm stoked....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
oly said:
if i see you on a roof with one of those shirts, believe me, i will start throwing rocks at you.
i'll steal your Turner bikeys and dip them in the hot tar kettle yarh!

pnj said:
yes. i'm loving the rain.
For an transplant from (gag) *Oregon* i really feel we have a strong bond. :D :monkey:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I'm glad it's finally raining....give my allergies a rest, but I have enjoyed riding tons more that usual this time of year! :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
I'm glad it's finally raining....give my allergies a rest, but I have enjoyed riding tons more that usual this time of year! :thumb:
Yah i might have just developed some myself, i've only had this problem once before when i rode at Mt. St. Helens on a dry and windy day. All the ash made me harsh out, reminded me of my old stoner days... Was like that at Tokul yesterday, all the riders thought i was bailing to avoid riding back up the hill. But it was really buggin me, i'm kinda bummed knowing i might be developing allergies or all those years of smoking weed and cigarrettes are now catching up to me now that i've been free of both for years.....

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
Yah i might have just developed some myself, i've only had this problem once before when i rode at Mt. St. Helens on a dry and windy day. All the ash made me harsh out, reminded me of my old stoner days... Was like that at Tokul yesterday, all the riders thought i was bailing to avoid riding back up the hill. But it was really buggin me, i'm kinda bummed knowing i might be developing allergies or all those years of smoking weed and cigarrettes are now catching up to me now that i've been free of both for years.....
I think it's just the dry weather. I usually don't have them this early or this bad at all! It was so bad last week, when I blew my nose my whole brain felt like it moved foward.

You'll have to take me out to Tokul one of these days.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Have your precious rain. Us Californians are awfully sick of it. So far LA has had more rain than Seattle. All of our trails are screwed, not to mention all of the roads, houses, etc.

btw, whats a good DH mud tire? This is a question I never thought I'd have to ask in So Cal.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Skookum said:
There was an article in the local paper about a week ago about how sunny we've been and how crappy L.A. has been this month. The weather and riding have been awesome, and it means early epic high mountain rides, i'm stoked....
Yeah you should have been here over the last few weeks. Non stop rain. And while I absolutely love the rain, here in so cal we can't ride the trails when it's raining. :(

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Zark said:
Have your precious rain. Us Californians are awfully sick of it. So far LA has had more rain than Seattle. All of our trails are screwed, not to mention all of the roads, houses, etc.

btw, whats a good DH mud tire? This is a question I never thought I'd have to ask in So Cal.
The succesful formula i've followed is any tire that's aggresive but where the tread is spread apart so it sheds well. Post the question in the Pac NW forum and you'll get tons of specific brand ideas from the racers and freeriders here, that'll get you dialed....

Ciaran said:
Yeah you should have been here over the last few weeks. Non stop rain. And while I absolutely love the rain, here in so cal we can't ride the trails when it's raining. :(
You mean you guys don't tarp your trails? :confused:

haha ok i realize i'm probably the only one in the world who thinks that's funny......

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Skookum said:
The succesful formula i've followed is any tire that's aggresive but where the tread is spread apart so it sheds well. Post the question in the Pac NW forum and you'll get tons of specific brand ideas from the racers and freeriders here, that'll get you dialed.....
Hmm... I'm running Intense 909 tires. Widely spaced blocks. It didn't clog, but didn't grip great. I take it softer rubber compounds are needed?

It'll be dry soon enough, not a big deal.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Zark said:
Hmm... I'm running Intense 909 tires. Widely spaced blocks. It didn't clog, but didn't grip great. I take it softer rubber compounds are needed?

It'll be dry soon enough, not a big deal.
hmmm i'll go back to my original statement cuz i don't wanna overqualify myself but if there's alot of clay in your soil, it just might be what it is. Chalk it up as a skills builder, as long as your bike kinda follows your front wheel it's all good. :p

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Cooter Brown said:
I wish you could have our rain, it's rained so much here this winter, the yard and the trails are a funking quagmire
same here. f'n bogus, if ya ask me.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Ya bunch of belly ache'rs :D

Get a "little" rain and the world ends. Welcome to Seattle ;) We want the rain so we don't combust in one big fire ball this summer. There have already been some wild fires this (EARLY) season...

We have little to no snow pack and that is our sourse for water in the summer.......

Is there a tumble weed smilie? There should be. :)