Quantcast

Hooz Ride'en tiz weak end?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Its almost been a month since I've hit the dirt (or mud). I want to ride this weekend... or let me rephrase that... I am riding this weekend. But where? Lk SW? Green Mt? Crap-it-all florist? The Olympics? I am limited to XC bike as my Highline is still being made, and the DHR is in the hands of Fedex.

Days are still open to me. I may take friday off, but do have monday for sure off as well. I owe the home 1 day of work, and am sure the family would like to do something, but I gotta get out... otherwise you may see me on the 10:00 news doing something drastic.....

Whatz Youz Allz Gotz Plannz Forz??

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Humptulips is way the hell out in the middle of nowhere, otherwise known as Nielton. Ever heard of it? Niether had i.... It's in Edwards back yard just South of Lake Quinalt. Quite a ways from Seattle but not so much for you considering....

It's a river trail that's 13 and a half miles long. So if we go the whole way it would be 26 miles. That's pretty damn long being how out of shape you, me and Midge are right now, but it looks like it's pretty flat up until the end. The first 9.5 miles you gain a measly 700 feet, while the last four miles climbs up 1800 feet.

So to me it would appear if the trail is pretty easy like Quilcene we could probably make it to the end.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
oly said:
sweetness. Im in. Daniel too probably.
Cool i'm gonna try to get more info, there is a trail that cuts in halfway up the trail, so we have an option of shortening the ride with all this crappy rain.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Baggin out everyone, just too much rain, there's flooding goin on everywhere and i need to get out of town for family stuff anyways.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
oly said:
COOL. what trail you shuttling?
I'm thinking 30 from the towers, then heading towards Nooscka Rd at the split. What ever trail number that is escapes me. You should come. It will be classic wet capitol conditions! We already have shuttle rigs figured out.

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
ummbikes said:
I'm thinking 30 from the towers, then heading towards Nooscka Rd at the split. What ever trail number that is escapes me. You should come. It will be classic wet capitol conditions! We already have shuttle rigs figured out.
Are you still riding Tomorrow?