Quantcast

Hop Devil = yummy

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
I was pretty disappointed in its lack of hoppines, at least in comparison to what I was expecting given the name.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I was pretty disappointed in its lack of hoppines, at least in comparison to what I was expecting given the name.
for that, you want this beer from their lineup:

i like hop devil just fine, but still think that the 60min IPA from dogfish and the smuttynose IPA are better.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Last time I checked I couldn't get it out here... had a colleague bring it back from Philly.
I don't know about Littleton or Highlands Ranch or whatever lame suburb you're in; but there are a few places in Boulder so it's definitely available in Colorado.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Too much malt, not enough hops for my taste. I'm not a fan of that one.
not enough hops in the 120?

it's liquified and distilled hop juice for christ's sake.

it's also $10 a bottle (at least where i can buy it...22% alcohol). definitely not a session beer.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.

it's also $10 a bottle (at least where i can buy it...22% alcohol). definitely not a session beer.
No way, I've made hop juice...next time I do I'll put aside a few bottles and you'll have to come to a ride in central MA with us, you're more than welcome to try some.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

One of the issues on brewing those really high alcohol brews is that the malt almost *always* seems to eclipse the hop.

I can't remember what the 120 is like... in fact, I'm not sure I've ever tried it.