Quantcast

hope e-spec

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia

its pics of the hope booth, take a closer look at the drawings of the m4 in the back ground. hope is finally using adaptors?
edit: forgot to mention how cool the all the stuff is and about the caliper going through all those prosesses(sp?) i thought its just cnc? just done all at once?

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
hope has always used apapters just in different ways. yes you can get a caliper with the 74mount on it.

cute little bike thing

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
:rolleyes: might got for juicys next if my minis still wont lock up, we will see once i try the new pads.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
dhkid said:
edit: forgot to mention how cool the all the stuff is and about the caliper going through all those prosesses(sp?) i thought its just cnc? just done all at once?
The calipers are cnc'ed but very few machined parts in this world can be done from start to finish in a single setup. They start with a rough shaped blank (waterjet cut or otherwise) to save material and progress through the machining steps.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Mike B. said:
The calipers are cnc'ed but very few machined parts in this world can be done from start to finish in a single setup. They start with a rough shaped blank (waterjet cut or otherwise) to save material and progress through the machining steps.
yup, and its kinda hard to machine a clamped surface....

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
zedro said:
yup, and its kinda hard to machine a clamped surface....
Try telling some engineers that. If your co-workers are like any that I have worked with, they think if it can be modeled it can be produced quickly and inexpensively. I didn't want to get too detailed but I'm sure there are a few us here that could plan that part out pretty quickly given a fully toleranced drawing.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
jncarpenter said:
...snapshot..........................................

I bet most of you Guys and Gals think the Little "Ripples" on the HOPE Calipers are just for Style, Bling or because the CNC machine can not make a perfectlly Cut surface...
But NO...!! in fact i'm pretty sure their Engeniers are so smart they Use the little "Waves" to increase the expose surface area of the aluminum making the caliper into a more eficient "Heatsink" to decrease the Ill effect of the heat buildup and the performance of their brakes, even more on the TI-Sixes do to the titanium pistons that transfer very little heat to the brake fluid..

man I love well made stuff, is just nothing like it when you can tell what somebody else was thinking when they design something...
is timeless (remenber persons like Leonardo Davinci) and for sure beyond lenguage and cultural barriors since the laws of fisics and mecanics are pretty much the same for everybody, even if cultural and antropological issues are more dificult to stablish.

Upp,,,Gekky Ricky attach again..

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
DH SB RIDER said:
Ya i love fisics class, not english.
Dude tell me something i don't know...

believe it or not i try really hard to comunicate in this new lenguage for me, I don't really care (well it does hurt a little) if you guys laught because at least i'm trying..

and yes I'm glad I spend my time on the fisics classes amongs others, because today i can work on a universal Enviroment with clients from all over the world..(not the whole world understand Ingles, but all of it understand the logic of a good design)

anyway laught all you want, it make very little diference, now if we were to speak in Espanol that will be a diferent story, but then again this site is "En Ingles" and be sure everyday i try my best to be able to comunicate a Little better.

whatever happend you guys were Unaware (well maybe not all of you) of the Heatsink effect on the calipers, so maybe is better if you go back to the books and learn a little more

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
JK:UK that looks amazing with the anno blue kinda reminds me of a yamaha r1. did you buy the blue piston covers from hope or get them done yourself, cause i see you got the link ano'd aswell how much dose that type of thing cost?

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
patineto said:
anyway laught all you want, it make very little diference, now if we were to speak in Espanol that will be a diferent story, but then again this site is "En Ingles" and be sure everyday i try my best to be able to comunicate a Little better.
Me espanol es muy mal. Yo comprendo asi asi para de trabajo en construction.
Me speaking in espanol is more like spanglish. Trust me, your english (not ingles) is waaaay better than my spanglish.

I just like to point out others mistakes in an effort to make myself feel superior. And I always appreciate inteligent design.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Actually, patineto, are there any biking forums en espanol?

That would be an awesome way to work on my spanish. I understand well, but always have a hard time thinking of what words to use. At work, guys used to be able to speak to me in spanish and I would get the idea, but I couldn't respond.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
Biscuit said:
Me espanol es muy mal. Yo comprendo asi asi para de trabajo en construction.
Me speaking in espanol is more like spanglish. Trust me, your english (not ingles) is waaaay better than my spanglish.
M e encanta que trates de aprender, poco a poco mejoraras, tal vez puedes hacer lo que i mirar la tele con los "Titulos" (close caption) por lo menos las ninas en las novelas son mas bonitas en espanol

for me I try to write in english as much as I can so i learn more and more, I do know I suck since more than Ingles I'm also dislexic so everything gets kind of confuse no matter what lenguage i speak
I just like to point out others mistakes in an effort to make myself feel superior. And I always appreciate inteligent design.
I see that a million times, is actually very comun , the funny part is I never judge anybody because they can not comunicate like I do...

I teach them at school (well use to)

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
Biscuit said:
Actually, patineto, are there any biking forums en espanol?
si hay alguno que otro pero son muy aburridos y las noticias muy viejas, te busco los links y te los mando cuando los encuentre

That would be an awesome way to work on my spanish. I understand well, but always have a hard time thinking of what words to use. At work, guys used to be able to speak to me in spanish and I would get the idea, but I couldn't respond.
well that is exactlly what i do with my Ingles, type and type trying to get better at it, is kind of dificult but at least I try, maybe you need to tell your spanish speaking friends that you Really want to learn and get their help..

just remenber that "Cuanto cuestan las muchachas" no es una buena forma de empezar una conversacion.

Biscuit Gracias por el soporte

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
seismic said:
I have tried few Hope brakes which were not noicy...
what model,,,,??
i have a friend with a rear mini four and a 165mm floated rotor on a Maraverk ML-8 that is making me crazy, is so freaking laud...

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Intelligent design? Is that what you call this?

I call it scary! Cool site by the way.

patineto said:
maybe you need to tell your spanish speaking friends that you Really want to learn and get their help..
I tried that (don't work there anymore unfortunately)
Problem was, we would never get anything done. They understood english better than I spoke spanish, and I understood spanish better than they spoke english.

We would try, but it would end up as a convoluted mess of spanish and english I called spanglish

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
Biscuit said:
Intelligent design? Is that what you call this?

I call it scary! Cool site by the way.
man that stem is so freaking cool,JP Morgen the guy that made it is a absolute genius and a visionary,Remenber in 1988 made a lot of sense since mtbs were not design for suspension forks and when you install a taller Bouncy fork the handling of the bike got all screw up..

I think the design is Brilliant, at least adress the needs and criterias that was design for, actually I'm mounting one on my tandem soon, when I finish fabricating all the missing parts

I tried that (don't work there anymore unfortunately)
Problem was, we would never get anything done. They understood english better than I spoke spanish, and I understood spanish better than they spoke english.

We would try, but it would end up as a convoluted mess of spanish and english I called spanglish
I hear you about that..

well find a girlfriend or sometimes, I find that then you want to "Get some" or just comunicate complex ideas you learn really fast

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
patineto said:
I think the design is Brilliant, at least adress the needs and criterias that was design for, actually I'm mounting one on my tandem soon, when I finish fabricating all the missing parts
I take it you've never tried one of these?

Scary is the best word to describe em.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
Jm_ said:
I take it you've never tried one of these?

Scary is the best word to describe em.
Oh NO.... I have one in my Fatchance Yo-Eddy for about two years and i love it (bike got stolen)
is totally safe, rigid, hydrolic shock and everything, solid all you will ever want(for the kind of riding the bike is intended) plus will not mess with the geometry of the one of best handeling bike ever made.

I think you guys are just to young, or have really bad memory,,, i'm going to look around for pictures of the ReaLLy Scary old stuff, that we all use to ride 20 years ago.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
Biscuit said:
Actually, check out this thread:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126808

My favorite, scariest bike is the slingshot (whith the cable/spring for a downtube and a pivoting top tube).

Wait... they had those at interbike this year.
Oh man that is one of my favorite treads,, my belly hurt so much i was unable to stop :love: :drool: :love: :blah:

Actually for you information, Slingshots were ban by the UCI after a swiss guy (if i remenber correctlly) won the hillclimp competicion at mammoth lakes in the late 80" since they "Stored energy" and that is a big nono for the UCI, i do agree they are kind of scary, but they for sure Climb like hell, actually somehow they feel like one of this.

actually take a look at what I found,,This is beyond scary

I feel like I'm watching "Doctor" Dollittle" or something like what with the "Pullme pushme"