Quantcast

Hope Enduro and Boxxer

TomK

Chimp
Mar 25, 2003
Hello,

Do I need extra adapter to mount my old Hope Enduro 4 to Boxxer? (caliper no 3, disk 185 mm, IS mount) Thanks for any help.

TomK

dave.g75

Chimp
Apr 19, 2004
I had that exact set up and was running a #6 with a 185 disk. I would say that u will need a new caliper half. The problem with boxxer mounts is that the caliper will prob bolt on but be at a stupid angle so the brake wont work properly or even fit. Hope that helps.
Cheers

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Need a new caliper Half and a bleed cause you switched forks? Tsk Tsk, shoulda got Hayes;)

D

Dingus McGee

Originally posted by TomK
Hello,

Do I need extra adapter to mount my old Hope Enduro 4 to Boxxer? (caliper no 3, disk 185 mm, IS mount) Thanks for any help.

TomK
I don't know what your Hope skills are or your access to a mechanic, but I have been without both my entire adult life. Therefore, I know that if you send in your EO4 to Hope, they will swap out the caliper half (resulting in a fresh bleed) for something like $20-$30.....I usually get a new hose if it's kinked too. You will find they will replace small rubber bits for free at the same time and flow stickers.. Hope is small and effecient with fast turnaround. They will send back the old half too so you can revert to IS one day.
Doubt it would be so easy direct w/Hayes let alone dealing with a LBS worker (a lot of whom are great people, but get a funny look when they see Hopes)

Hope CS rocks

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Originally posted by Dingus McGee
Doubt it would be so easy direct w/Hayes let alone dealing with a LBS worker (a lot of whom are great people, but get a funny look when they see Hopes)
You wouldn't need to because all you needed was an adapter that they had in stock.:eek:

D

Dingus McGee

Originally posted by Zark
You wouldn't need to because all you needed was an adapter that they had in stock.:eek:
Oh, THAT fact, huh? Well, yeah I can't argue with that. :rolleyes:

....slinking off................................................:D