Quantcast

Hope for the "ACL Deficient"

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Took this at PKill yesterday. Its a CTi2. There has been some recent discussion about like this recently (always is?) so I though I'd post a pic. There is a vlecro pad that fits behind the shin piece. With it out, the brace fits perfectly over Dainese. With you knee bent, nothing bunches up.
This was the second time I have ridden DH like this and so far things a working very well. This was my first dirt ride of any sort since having surgery 12/22/03. I figured why not just dive in headfirst and go to Plattekill? I mean, what better place to ride when rehabbing an injury?

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Originally posted by Motionboy2
LOL :)

So how comfy is that thing? Looks pretty cumbersome.
Actually, it works fine. I have thick legs, and Dainese shorts firt snug, but fit was not an issue. Yeah no pads would be 0% restrictition, but what I had going did not pose any problems.
To (maybe) put it into perspective, when I wear pants over the brace, people can't tell I'm wearing it. Its that low profile.

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
Hopes for the ACL deficient? I allready have Hopes but I honestly don't see what the hell it has to do with my knee. I think you monkeys will use any excuse necessary to push Hopes.

I do however have a CTi2 on it's way, should be here in two weeks :D

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Originally posted by AZRacerX
Hmm... I might have to look into one of those. Did your insurance cover it? How much did it cost?
My insurance did cover it. I don't know why, but they did. The place that fitted me for it said that they cost ~$1,000. Pricey, hell yeah, but this has been the most important part to my healing process by far. I have had it for almost 10 months and don't know where I'd be without it.

And riding like this was not stupid as some aparently believe. I have been cleared to run. If I was pushing things, I would have raced. I just took a handfull of 'mellow' runs w/out pushing too hard. The biggest 'drop' I hit was hardly more than 2'.