Quantcast

Hope Mini Disc Brakes

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Ok, so I've read a lot about them recently and all the talk is good. Does anyone have first or second hand experience with them, or a biased un-informed opinion?;)

I'm actually starting to consider buying some. Can't help myself... oooh, bike parts.

Discuss

Mark

Chimp
Oct 8, 2001
England
I've had a set of Mini's on my enduro for about 3 months now, and they work really sweet.

theres plenty of modulation, they have a nice solid, but light lever action, plus there lighter than an XTR V-brake set-up if your into the whole weight issue thing.

I'm borrowing a digital camera tommorow, so i'll post some pics for you then.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by spincrazy
Ok, so I've read a lot about them recently and all the talk is good. Does anyone have first or second hand experience with them, or a biased un-informed opinion?;)

I'm actually starting to consider buying some. Can't help myself... oooh, bike parts.

Discuss
I love Hope brakes, they are the best ever!!!!

I've had mine for about a month now and I'm well impressed.Dito Marks post,everythings good about them.Heard a few horror storys about the pads not lasting too long but EBC pads are the way to go by all accounts.
If you ask nicely when you order them you can get "normal" straight edged discs instead ot the crap looking "wavy"edged ones (they are actually the rotors off the C2 system).
I got mine for £110 each altough I've seen them for £100 in the mags (wanted to keep my purchase local:) )

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Excellent. Going to get a set for the front in a couple of weeks and give em a go.

Do they lose any stopping power when you run em hard for long periods of time? How long can I expect to get out of the pads.

This'll be my first set of discs.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by spincrazy
Excellent. Going to get a set for the front in a couple of weeks and give em a go.

Do they lose any stopping power when you run em hard for long periods of time? How long can I expect to get out of the pads.

This'll be my first set of discs.
Congrats!!!!!! You'll never go back to V's. You shouldn't loose any stopping power. Enjoy!!!!!