Quantcast

Hope mini for DH

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Jabuttri said:
what fork are you going to run on that thing?
I am going to be getting a fox 40RC2

After checking evorything out it is between the minis with 200mil roters front and rear or the new formulas with 200mil 2 piece hope roters

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
dhkid said:
by any chance have you tried the old type mini. if so how does it compare to the new mono mini? and how does the m4 compare to the mini up front? ie power and modulation?
The mini's of old are not nearly as strong because they had two sided calipers that were bolted together, so when push came to shove the calipers would seperate and cause the brakes to lose power. It was a VERY common problem and the main reason Hope Tech changed teh design.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
ghettogt76 said:
Like I said earlier, spend $50 on a gym membership, go the gym, get muscle, save money by not buying a stupid light bike.
My perents are getting a family membership to a gym pretty soon, but I still want a stuped light bike.

thejames

Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
austin
i ran mini's on my last dh bike and never had problems( i weigh 165). i have xtr brakes on my new bike and they have just a touch more power although the feel is not quite as crisp. at your weight you won't have any problems, just run 8 inch rotors and don't look back.

rideagainst

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
CA
TheMontashu said:
Not realy a fan of commencal. I'm not a huge fan of the geo, the chainstay is to long, I need a bike I can flick around nice and easy.
So again, why are you getting a v10 if you want something to flick around?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
You don't need such a light bike, you'll get stronger by riding a heavy one and you'll get used to it anyway. I ride a ~45 pound bike and I weigh only 135.

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
Bicyclist said:
You don't need such a light bike, you'll get stronger by riding a heavy one and you'll get used to it anyway. I ride a ~45 pound bike and I weigh only 135.
What kinda trophy do you get for being little and riding a heavy bike?
Unless you either drop to flat all the time, or ride like a hack and are always breaking medium - light parts, you're cheating yourself out of knowing how much fun a light and flickable bike is.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Bicyclist said:
I'm 130 and ride a 43.5 pound bike, it dosen't make me stronger.