Quantcast

Hope Mono M4 Disc Brake Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slacker

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
Los Angeles
San Pedro, California: I kinda dig this town. The beach is less than a mile away, some really fun XC/FR/DH trails are a short drive away, and Big Bear is only a 1.5 - 2 hour drive from my pad. Killer food is easy to find too... hey, what more do you need :cool:

Morgan

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
all lit up
i live in the town of Ashland Oregon, i really like the place, has all 4 seasons and none are too harsh, there is great riding and snowboarding in the winter, its a pretty cool place, hmm i cant remember if i need to say anything else, but yea, its a great spot, i can now only hope for hopes

I'm going to school in Lyndonville VT. Its pretty boreing and the most exicting thing to do on a friday night is drive over to walmart (half an hour away) and play with the toys, or watch cartoons on TV. Luckily its about 6 miles from the Kindom trails, as well as having some awsome road loops on roads with minimum traffic. The "local" (once again half an hour drive) bike clubs also rock. Not a bad deal if you can put up with the middle of no wearness and harsh winters.

04hucker

Chimp
Mar 21, 2004
truro
Hey ridemonkey. I am from Truro,Nova Scotia,Canada.it is a little town of about 8,000 not much to ride in the town area but i cant complain its better that nothing,there is a wicked ski hill just outside of the town that i love dearly to ride when ever i can(wentworth) and also halifax is about a 45 min drive away there is wicked urban there ,we also have some sweet dirt jumps and drops in the town and about 5 min out of it,I would really love to have theses breaks because i always have troubles with mine breaking ALOT :angry: And there look like wicked working breaks.
Thanks yours truely Ian Taylor
P.S Ride or die :cool:

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
I am from San Juan Capistrano, California. Its a pretty sick town. Some pretty good hills to ride, the San Juan Trail, Big Bear isnt too far, and best of all - laguna beach. In my opinion some of the best DH in socal! So over all its was sick place to live. Besides all of the development and the city tearing down every jump

shaun

Chimp
Sep 19, 2001
Hey all, I'm living in Victoria BC Canada. A truly beautiful place with views of the ocean pretty much everywhere, a temperate climate ( it snows about 3times a year), and a fairly active freeride comunity. As Vancouver island is essentially one big rock there is lots of varied terrain. Lots of natural obsatcles with enough climbing to keep you honest. It'll be home for as long as I can forsee.

Nov 4, 2003
Lairdsville, PA. A whopping population of 350, but I do live on 47 acres of land and 45 is wooded. I guess its cool, there are rocks and stuff to jump off of. I'm not there most of the year, because I go to PSU and tear up the urban scene there (HAHA, to both me tearing it up and to the urban scene). I like the East Coast, but I really want to move out West, just to see what its like; that means Grad. school is in Cali. So that pretty much explains how much I love PA.

Pow pow

Chimp
Nov 18, 2003
Scotland
I am from aberdeen in scotland.
I love it here because we have a lot of really good DH trails within a couple of hours drive and scotland is one of the most beautiful countries anywhere (Well I think it is anyway)

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Well, i am from Breda in Holland, a city with about 160.000 people living there. It;s always a good place to be, really nice to go out for bars, restaurants ,discos. Shopping mals. And such, it had got quit a history, it;s known for 750 years now. There are places enough for urban assualt , bmx spots. And only 3 km's away from me i have a lot of forrest where i can ride, xc or freeride a little. And i don;t have to travel to far to go to another bikespot, or bikepark, which is only a 3hour ride for me. (Willingen/Winterberg).

And here comes the nasty part :angry: ,, i chrashed a few week ago, and recked almost my brakelevers in a chrash. The second one happened two weeks, after that. Never had that before. So i had to let repair them. :angry:. So that was very bad.. And the mechanic said if i had chrashed even harder, he could;nt have saved my brakelevers. They are in state of about 90% recovered. So not totally good anymore. So i think i am in title to win those super Hope Mono M4 brakes. :) To reinstall to Blingage factor on my Bike.

So i HOPE you will make the right choice..and send them to my adress.

:thumb:

Attachments

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I'm from Ojai, CA. It's a great town. There is a lot to do, and the riding is amazing. There are two trails, Gridley and Pratte, that are really fun to ride. There are also a couple of fireroads. There is a park with really cool urban riding. There is a bowl you can jump into and out of and there are two steep chutes that you can jump. They are around 15' high. There are some stair gaps, too. The pace of life is great here, and it's a nice sized town. Not too big and not too small. The atmosphere is great and laid back. Coming from Chicago, it's a really nice change. The local bike shop also does some of the best work I've ever seen, and the prices are great. There are a lot of anti-development laws, so there are no big corporations. The location is really convenient, too. It's around 25 minutes to the beach and a larger town with more stores. The weather is great here. It's always dry and it rains about 5 days a year. It's around 60 degrees in the winter and 90 in the summer, but it's not humid, so it doesn't feel too hot. If I could live in one place in the world, it would be Ojai, California.

DFoxracing

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Huntington beach
I'm from Saratoga, CA. Not so cool here in the prissiest city for miles. No one knows how to drive! The trails are alright but get old quick. that's why a new set of brakes would make everything more interesting.

mserko1

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Bellingham, WA
I'm from vashon washington and i don't really like living here because there is nothing to do. But me and my friend have made some tails to make it a little more fun. But overall its not that much fun to live here but there are some fun places to ride!

balfa-dude

Chimp
Feb 24, 2002
Montreal, PQ
Hi, I'm from Montreal, about 1 hr from Bromont, which is actually the nicest thing about the city. Traffic sucks most of the time, it's way too humid this time of year, but once again, Bromont is close. :)

Mount Royal is not bad for a little ride, most people are quite pleasant as well. Rent isn't too expensive where I am as well.

We had some nice segments in some bike vids as well.

Hope to win these brakes, they are sweeeet! :)

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I'm born and raised in Santa Barbara, California. It's just outside Los Angeles. 2hrs or so of a drive. Trails here rock, as we have some of the better known downhill runs mixed with some great cross country trails. Rains very little each year, so that leaves lots of time for riding. I've always loved the weather and the city. People come here from all over because it is always so nice to stay. Santa Barbara has always been a laid back town, but fiesta is comming up so it's party time!

nmmtnbiker

Chimp
Jun 18, 2002
New Mexico
I was born in El Paso,TX but raised in Mesa,AZ...I love both places and go often to visit both. I just recently moved from New Mexico to Delaware...Can you say culture shock...iam used to mtns..and rocks, cactus and other things that crawl...here it is green and has some hills in the northern part of the state...i might have to get a road bike..who knows...i just finished building up a singlespeed that was kicking my butt in new mexico well see how i do now in flatland :)

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
i am originally from Los Angeles, CA but live in San Luis Obispo 10 months out of the year. I love LA because you can do everything there and everything is 20 minutes from where I live--beach, hollywood, downtown, magic mountain. and riding is all over. SLO was a huge culture shock to me but once i got acquianted i learned to like it a lot more. plus SLO is what got me into riding. SLO has some of the best trails i've ridden and the kind of riding in SLO covers the whole spectrum

My name is Brian and I'm from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. What Southern Ontario lacks in elevation diversity, it makes up for with trail diversity. There are 12-15 major trail areas within an hour's drive plus one large river valley chocked full of trails running through the metropolitan heart of this 4+ million city.
There are so many mtb enthusiasts in the Greater Toronto Area that we held the largest 24 hour event in the world for the last 5 years.

Peace from your northern neighbors.
-Brian-

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I am Originally from Austin, Tx. I accidentally ended up in Denver in April of 1997 after my Parents moved here because of my dad's job transfer. I love living in Colorado because it's an outdoor State and everything that I have and have become today is because I ended up here. I got my first great job, met my Wife, bought my First house, and had my first kid in this beautiful state. Regardless of the season,There is always something to Do whether it's Snowboard, or Bike, Or Camping or Going to Six Flags Elich Gardens. The weather here is awesome and The Mountains of Colorado are beautiful and Colorado Boasts more Fourteeners than any other place. Thus there is always somewhere for some riding of many persuations whether they are lift serviced, easily shuttled, or easily ridden to. I believe in the coming years there will be some resort that will pick up the trends of Whistler and as of now, Keystone is ahead in that Race. I couldn't have picked a more awesome place to live my life If I would have tried. Everytime I make it home to Austin to Visit, it's great, but when we drive over the hill in New Mexico and see the Rocky Mountains, It just Solidifies that fact that I love The Mountains and Living in Colorado and Never want to live anywhere else without Mountains.

Jihv Mabone

Chimp
Nov 24, 2001
Ft. Collins, CO
Uh ... yeah ... I like live in a town that I'm not from and don't live in for more than a couple of weeks at a time. It's a pretty much all white town which helps to build my racial paranoia...like I am in Baton Rouge right now and just went to see Catwoman 'cuz my bike is in that other town, anyway when the lights came on after the movie I realized that everyone but me had a really nice tan :D

yeah yeah yeah disk brakes yeah yeah yeah

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
I am a Southern California Boy. I grew up in San Diego and currently living in The OC for school and work. The great thing about SoCal is that you can visit go surfing at the beach in the morning and snowboard in mountains all in the same day during the winter.

elderz

Chimp
Jul 31, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
hey, there

im from santa cruz, CA and bsically it rocks cus there's lots of bikers and lots of places to bike. also, the mountain biking season is year-round, with no snow and such, so i never really have to get off my bike.

FuriousG

Chimp
Dec 14, 2003
Santa Cruz, CA
:stupid:
Hey Hey,

I'm also from Santa Cruz. It's an awesome little town to live in if you can afford it. Regardless it's a sick place to ride, as there is a plethora of trails. I don't know about all the other riders around here, but I feel a little spoiled. My Stinky is definitely going to miss it since I'm moving to Berkeley.

Thanks,
George

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
I'm living in Whistler. Commence with the jealously allready.

I could post a few lines about why it kicks so much ass to live here but unless you have your head buried in the sand you allready know. Do a search on Whistler, I think we're up to about 6 posts a week about Whistler now so you should be able to find a lot more than a couple of sentences to convince you to quit your job, pack your bags, sell a kidney, and move to Whistler.

PaulE

Chimp
Feb 7, 2003
Sheffield, England
I'm from Sheffield, in the UK. Love living here as there's excellent XC trails starting pretty much on my doorstep, a forest full of DH trails 5 miles away, a BMX track 800yards away from the house and a city built on hills, so it's full of BMX type street riding.

Other than the biking, Sheffield's good because there are friendly pubs (which don't shut until you want to leave, rather than worrying about closing time) and people.... and it's cheap to live here. Oh, and there's large amounts of most excellent gritstone climbing about ten miles away......

DieselX

Monkey
May 26, 2004
New York City
Hi, I'm from Brooklyn, New York, and I love this place. I am originally from Ukraine, and I moved here when I was 8 years old, but I've never had regret coming here. New York city is a great place to live, have fun and what most of us do here, ride. I don't think I would have started freeriding if I lived elsewhere.

I would love to win these brakes for my dh bike who is suffering from a bad illness. She is very weak... in braking. Her... (sniff)... Hayes brakes are dying, I don't know how long they will last. If I can get this transplant for her, she will live longer and happier!

Thank you,
Alex

menachite

Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
The All American Valley
So I live in Connecticut....grew up here....left here....moved to Arizona for a few years....missed the wet, green, lush, damp, cold, and more that this place we call New England offers. The trails in this state can range from sissy foot paths all the way to gnarly, nasty, head cracking expert trails. What I love about this place is the fact that most of my family still lives here....it's easy to be near the ones I love and still enjoy some great riding in this state or another. I don't like living so close to New York and some of the "NICE" drivers that come and rage on the roads.

Stop by and enjoy sometime!

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
I hail from Grand Junction, CO (a nearby neighbor of the much smaller, and yet more widely known by mtb folk, Fruita). This riding is sick and we can hit up the trails nearly year round. Trail advocacy groups are always out in abundance creating or maintaining some awesome trails - more power to 'em! GJ is in a great location if you're racing in CO!

CrazyGambit

Chimp
Jul 30, 2004
Heart of Dixie..
i have not tried the brakes though i do think they look trick enough... as far as where i live. I now live in huntsville Alabama.. I lived in oregon and washington, idaho as well. I do enjoy living here primarly the big paychecks.. I am looking for places to ride here and think i will be taking trips up to Tenn.. Nashville area as i am an hour away... Crap i will never get the brakes this town is only ok... hence the big paychecks... crap this town has a lot to offer if you are a rocket scientist which i am not.. lol give me the brakes please so i can experience the south in style..

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
I´m from Lima, Peru. great place around here, lots of mountains within 1 hour drive, about 100km of DH tracks in the city, plus a 4500m to sea level 2 hour DH about 2 hours away.

lots of nice surfing beaches within 1 hour drive. but i only spend about 4 months a year here. a many downhillers that only live for DH.

on ocassion (thats the other 8 months of the year), i also go to college, thats in Alabama, not a very nice place, BUT anyway i gotta graduate someday.

dog pound

Chimp
Apr 30, 2002
Kamloops B.C.
I live in Kamloops B.C. Where else would you want to live except maybe Whistler. Kamloops has it all, Sun Peaks (summer and winter), Rose Hill, Lola, Harper, some of the best single track in the world, the biggest narliest terrain you could ever dream off. Home of a horde of bike pro's and bro's. Local location shots in nearly every bike DVD on the market. It's world class. Bring your ride and come up and enjoy life, we are pretty damn freindly up here.

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
Seattle....ok local riding. If they would just open up Crystal and Snoqualmie pass for riding like they used to it'd be a lot sweeter. Damn insurance lawyers. So for good riding we head up north to Whistler or Sun Peaks, which are 4 and 6 hours away (respectively).

Marcus

Chimp
May 26, 2002
Surrey
I like bikes.

And.

I'm from Surrey British Columbia which is respectively a half hour from the shore and close enough to the rest of the good stuff I cant complain at all.

edit: I have now realized I havent posted enough to qualify :( I still like bikes. And Ride Monkey.

Brad23

Monkey
Jan 9, 2004
West Oakland
Hi, I'm Brad from Berkeley...well I just moved there form Bonny Doon.
Ridemonkey is my work addiction and they (my work) hate you for it.
I don't really care cause it is such an addiction, so screw em, I'm kinda lookin for an new one (I hope they don't see this!!)

Anywho, I've got some m4's on my RFX and let me tell you they are the bling bling pimp azz stylee, they make me hard and the gyrls wet I tell ya.

Well, I need some new brakes for my new ride... let the dice roll!!!!

Cheers, Brad

Feb 6, 2004
Utah
I live in Farmington, Utah. There aren't many dh freeride spots around. But I like to use my imagination on the trails to make them more technical and fun. It's a pretty fun place to ride. Although I don't have many friends that a serious bikers like me, I still go with them because I will ride with anyone.

ricebowls

Monkey
May 24, 2002
san francisco
i live in San Francisco which is cool because it's not where i grew up.....new jersey. but not as cool as where i lived before this but that's not important right now.

dhrider

Chimp
Nov 5, 2003
culpeper,VA
mmmm, im from the good ol' state of virginia, and like to consitter myself a DH'er, tho every where i seem to go i mostly have to hike my bike to the top, so i dunno if im realy just a hiker with a easier way down the mountain then the other people or someone that need to get out the resorts more or not. either way i need some new brakes, and some good stopping power, the hikers here are really begining to hate me.

Status
Not open for further replies.