Quantcast

Hope Mono M4 Disc Brake Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I'm living in Vancouver, Washington, and I like it so far. There's a good amount of stuff to ride- post canyon is an hour away, there's various trails and stunts all around, street stuff and skateparks a-plenty.... not bad at all.

Yeah, I need some new brakes!

bEttEs

Chimp
Apr 12, 2002
belgium
Well I'm from Balen in Belgium, Hometown of Tom Boonen (Tour the france stagewinner). Town is nothing special, riding here consists of loose sand and some nice rolling and twisting singletrack. Which is sweet, because we get rain about 200days a year and the sandie trails dry up real fast.
The other thing is we live right in the middle of europe so we are not very far away from bike parks in Germany and France. Only a days drive away from the sweet riding in the alps and at lake Garda in Italie. Yes Balen is not that bad...

greetz
bettes

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
I live in Bellflower CA, if you don't know where that is all I can say is it is about 5-6 miles from Compton. Needless to say, I am not to excited about it. It is hard to be satisfied after living in Vail, CO for 9 years where I could ride a 5 +mile downhill from the top of the mountain to my doorstep. I moved to California to finish school and after living in San Diego for a year I had to move to Bellflower to complete my degree in Prosthetics at Cal State Dominguez Hills. I will say that ridemonkey has definitely helped with the transition. I was informed of the site and signed up a over a year ago. Since then I have met a good handfull of guys, (and girls) to ride with and show me the hot spots. RM has made meeting local people easy, I think I would have lost my mind by now without it. Oh yeah,..I HOPE I win, my gear is old, thrashed, and held together by bubble gum and a prayer.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
I'm from Lafayette, CA, which is in the Bay Area. Not a bad place, but a lot of the riding in my immediate area is illegal, which kinda blows. I'm only about 2.5 hrs from Tahoe though, so that's nothing to complain about. All in all, a good place to be.

Jonny Wray

Chimp
Oct 4, 2001
San Francisco
I live in San Francisco.

Why? As an ex-pat limey I'm finding it the best place I've lived in the US so far, out of a quite a few places. The live and let live attitude of the city, which I fuccing adore. Decent riding, of course, locally and frigging excellent riding if you get in you truck and drive for a while. Most excellet snowboaring during the winter months, and the local totty isn't half bad either.

aussiedude

Chimp
Mar 13, 2004
Los Altos, CA
I live in Los Altos, California. That is in the Bay area. It is a great place to live because I am near some great trails and I am also far away from Canada which is good. I just can't stand those canadians. I think that Hope Mono M4 Disc Brakes are da bomb! They stop on a pinhead but unfortunately i have not had the privilege of using them. This is my one chance. Anyways I hope I win this contest. Of course If I win I will give the brakes to charity. Aren't I nice? Canadians are swell chaps(I was giving them a bit o crap earlier)! Good Luck to everyone else in this giveaway. You will need it!

speed punk

Chimp
May 25, 2003
Washington State
Hello Everyone,

I'm from Crawfordsville, Indiana but I currently live in Seattle, WA. Crawfordsville was an absolutely great place to grow up and I have some unbelievable memories from there... such as tying a sled to the back of my 1971 honda accord and pulling all of my friends around in the snow-covered corn fields, stealing bowling balls from the bowling ally and smashing them against the JC Pennies cement receiving wall, ordering a large supreme pizza not to eat, but to throw piece by piece at oncoming traffic and lauging our asses off. And finally, because Indiana is such a small place all of the RR tracks are built up on a "hump" - perfect for jumping the 'ole accord over! (I still have a stolen road sign that says "Hump Railroad Track").

Seattle is also a great place, but I don't have to mention why. I only have to remind the great folks who read this thread that it rains constantly here and disc brakes sure are a nice addition to the bike!!!

Thanks for a great contest!!

Oct 30, 2001
Fremont
I'm now located in Fremont, a hop, skip and jump away from my old southbay digs. The bay area rips. Perhaps if I score this set of brakes Brian will let me hang out with him.

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
I'm from Seattle, I love it in Seattle because I'm right in the middle of everything, music, bars and food, good thrift stores, you name it. Still though, I can be in N. Bend riding in less than an hour, on the Shore in less than three hours, and only five hours to Whistler! I'm grateful for the sheer variety of things I can do here and that I'm not living in New York any more! (Love NY too, but glad I'm done living there!) I hope this isn't being judged on quality of entry.....;(

Phatswalla

Chimp
Jun 14, 2002
Seattle, WA
I'm living Seattle, WA. I lived in Olympia for 8 years and Seattle for 4. People who just move here complain about the rain but I enjoy it a lot. This year's summer is the longest yet, I remember a few years ago when we had 2 weeks of good weather. There are plenty of riders and lots of places to ride. Lots of roadies, but hey we like them too. The corridor is within an hour so you can ride before work in the morning and we're not too far from The Shore or Whistler. I lived in Virginia before and I'd rather live in a tree here than in a mansion there.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Washington DC -- not too bad here, it's close enough to the beach and to the mountains that there's plenty to do. Too bad the dh/fr scene is lacking so badly.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Corning NY area - not bad in the summer with decent enough riding if you know where to look. The lakes and wineries are the added summer bonus. Winters suck in my opinion and they're about 8 months long. Roadies really love the riding here but I've just not taken to it yet. Overall I'd give it a C.

Mike E.

Chimp
Nov 3, 2001
Well, I'm up in Vancouver, BC. Let's see, there are a few good trails around, a beautiful set of mountains in about every direction, except for the ocean side I guess, and lots of recreation areas to chase my 3 sons and dog around in.

Cheers,

Mike E.

Status
Not open for further replies.