Quantcast

Hope Mono M4 Disc Brake Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZEDMAN

Monkey
Nov 19, 2003
S.F. California
I live in San Francisco and its a great place to go ride. I can go rip up the trails in the 2 parks here or go downtown or near home to session some awesome street.

Mitch

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
PEI, Canada
I reside in Charlottetown: Prince Edward Island Canada. It's a small island but we have some of the best technical xc riding in the maratimes. The free-ride scene is just beginning and we grow the world's best potatoes ;) It's a great spot to live. Really laid back have a beer town.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
I live in Knoxville Tennessee. Riding here is great if you like places like Windrock for downhilling and Bigfoot for MTNX. Come on down and I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
I live in Wake Forest, NC.
A fairly moderate place for biking - nothing incredible without a bit of a drive but there is plenty around. We have a couple local trails that are quite fun and are only a few hours from Pisgah and the NC mtns as well as some of the good VA riding. Road riding is generally pretty good out in the country so long as you don't go out right after a NASCAR race on Sunday! :eek:.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
vancouver, bc. beautiful little city; diverse culture (many fantastic resaurants), decent weather (for canada, anyways) and some of the finest outdoor recreation in close proximity (15 minutes to the north shore; 1.5 hrs to whistler). i like it here.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
i have lived in the out skirts if Seattle WA all my life and since i was about 10 i rode my bike every where when i was 12 i started to experiment on trails and see what my town realy had to offer. as i grew as a rider the trails seamed to grow with me. one place in paticular South Sea-tac park ive seen grow from the 2 jumps i could never get the guts to hit into an amazing section of in town trails. my town is a part of me and the trails are the veins and arterys that keep the town alive. as i am 16 now i hope to see my town grow even more, my town is almost like a little brother some thing you never really admit exists but its a part of you its where you live. my town will always be a part of me.

Blieb

Chimp
Apr 14, 2003
In Yo Face!
Been in Tallahassee, FL since 1998. I like the rolling hills and northern feel of the town. I also usually enjoy the slower paced life, though sometimes I wish I had the option of the beach or tons of clubs and other action like I did in S. FL.

I have really grown to love the town because there are a bunch of places to Mtn Bike, so after getting back into cycling I have a renewed love for the town.

College chicks everywhere never hurt either :)

BrokenSpoke

Chimp
Feb 14, 2004
home land of poutine :D
Im from Pierrefonds, little town from Montreal, theres tones of things to do arround here and its nice and quite. Bromont is like an hour away so its easy to go dhing, theres about 2-3 dj spots not to far away witch is pretty cool. i can take the train, it only costs like 3 bucks, and i gets me dirrectly downtown, its very usefull, makes life easier to go ride more in the east part of the island. not to far from where i work theres lac st-louis, very nice view and theres a really nice church by the water. also the water side of lac st-louis is a great place for natural trials. I grew up here, i know most of the spots to go ride, and every thing is clost or easy access, i love it here, for now i got no reason to move anywhere else

so thats how my home town looks, plus theres a growing biking comunity witch is getting bigger and bigger, btw theres probably a tone of spelling mistakes in my post but i did my best to correct them :D english is my second language...

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Sun is shining.... weather is sweet.
Make you want to move... your dancing feet.
:dancing:

Cali is nice. Norcal or Socal, so stop the hating.
We're all Hella lucky.

Big mountains, big surf.
Big sun, big (.) (.)
eyes... what did you think I meant?

Steven

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
North carolina
Hey, I am from Lewisville North Carolina, a town just outside of Winston Salem. Lewisville is alrite, not many places to ride or many things to do. But if i need somewhere to ride or something to do they are all close by. If I want to do some shuttling or dh riding i can drive an hour and be in the mountains, or if I want to go to the beach I can drive 4 or 5 hours and be at a nice beach, North Carolina has everything!

Steven

j-bone

Chimp
Mar 16, 2004
Nelson BC!
I live in nelson BC CANADA woot.
heres what I like about it

drugs are in abundance.....the people are freindlier than they should be........there is a lake of wich you can swim in......there are mountains of wich to frolic in......streeeeet fest (crazy hippies doing tricks). And robbie bourdon lives here, and I've met joe schwartz cuz he used to live here :D

Ronny Grady

Monkey
Oct 20, 2003
I grew up in Asheville, NC, which is awesome. That is where I picked up mountian biking. There is great cross country in the Blue Ridge Mountains and a cool dirt jump park in the area.

I am living in Nashville, TN for a while, it does not have good riding. There are some flat cross country areas that the locals like, but they are really not much. I will get out of Nashville for good in less than a year. I drive to Oak Ridge, TN (about 3 hours) now to get some real, shuttleable downhill riding in at the Windrock Riding area. It is fantastic.

This summer i am living in San Jose, CA. It is overpriced as has been said about the bay area previously, but I love all the riding around here. N*, Pacifica, Santa Cruz, and the Calabazas dirt jumps are all fun! To bad I am heading back to Nashville in a month.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I come from a little slice of paradise called "Porter Corners, NY", which is just north of Saratoga Springs and border to the beautiful Adirondack State Park. I live within a few hours of NYC, Boston, Montreal and just a short drive from the DH/ Freeride Mountain Bike havens of Mountain Creek (Diablo), Plattekill, Mount Snow, Killington, Gore, West Mountain (if and when they ever open), Jiminy Peak and Whiteface. As for XC meccas, we have Skidmore, Spier Falls, Dalton (24 hours of Adrenaline), Garnet Hill, The Kingdom Trails of East Burke, VT and a whole host of other awesome places. On the north shore front, we have that too…right in our own back yard!!!! We have the beauty of nature on our doorstep and enjoy (almost) every minute of it while tasting some of our finest (relatively) local brews (Magic Hat, Davidson Brewery, et al.)…what more could I ask for???!!! :dancing:

S.G.D

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver
i live in montreal.

i like it becuase there is always a good show to goto and becuase there are multiple Dirt jumping spots close to my house. it's also awesome because bromont is no more than an hour away, St anne is 3 and vermont is right below me.

w00tle.
~SGD

Scurry

Monkey
May 9, 2003
Boston
I live in chelmsford Massachuseets, I dont mind the place, esxcept for the old people :D , but theres a little bit of everything around here to ride. Just like a bunch of small samplers, for example, theres a small skatepark, robin hiill has a few nice downhills and stunts, some mediocer urban, and some dirt jumps in my yard, and a not so bad LBS. Not a bad place to be when your to young to drive.

johnbrittain

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Amarillo, Texas
I live in Amarillo, Texas; its got good street and a good amount of dirt jumping for any rider from the most basic small doubles for beginners to some large technical jumps for more advanced riders. Alex Morgan of BCD lived here, but moved a couple months ago, so any help i need with any new parts he is there to help, along with my progression as a rider. Amarillo has a good location imo, right smack dab in the middle, close enough to the west coast, and close enough to make those east coast races. amarillo's in general got a great amount of riding for any type of rider, and is only 20 minutes from Palo Duro State Park, which has miles upon miles of great trail riding and now quite a bit of DH. Not too much of a busy town and businesses actually like us riding because it gives them entertainment during the long days of summer. overall theres any type of riding for any rider imaginable.

lol, and disreguard the small comment about hope brakes in my sig. :)

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
I'm from Charleston, WV but I currently live in Morgantown (WV) where I'm working on a Master's. Morgantown kicked arse as an undergraduate, definitely some of my best memories. However, I was really glad to leave when I graduated. So, it was really annoying when I realized I was either going to have to amass huge amounts of debt, or come back to here for free...the decision was hard and easy. So, here I am, not really unhappy (I'm only 2 hours from Snowshoe), but would definitely be more content somewhere else; preferably somewhere west.

Morgantown is not that bad of a place, especially in the summer when most of the students are gone. There's a good bit of riding. Urban, XC, Freeriding and dirtjumps..it all exists in one form or another. Meh, could be worse.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
this giveaway is funny! :D

ok whatever. i live in Munich, Germany and al the prejudices about this city are true.
we all live for the oktoberfest and in this two weeks you shouldn't do business with a munich company. ;-)
lots of fun and pretty peceful for over 6 Million people getting drunk in 2 weeks.

besides all the oktoberfest stuff, i really like my Munich!!!
lots of good DH riding nearby, 4 full on DH parks within of 2 hours driving and some good local riding, too.

downsides: super high living costs and Bavarian police is a little over the top. :)

so now give me those brakes!!! :D

Strakar

Monkey
Nov 17, 2001
Portugal
I'm from Lisbon, in Portugal.

I love Lisbon, lots of sun, with great beaches less than 30 min away, people are friendly and generally relaxed.

The riding sceene serves me well. My area has very good street spots and a skate park. Less than 20 Kms from here we have great trail riding too.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
montreal quebec.

I love montreal because its got crazy urban.Because its 45 minute drive to bromont for me :heart:

Also very awsome for urban trials ( i ride trials as well).Most of the riders are very nice guys and girls.But sometimes you well incouter then occasionel guy with the sickest bike who can't bonny hop.........

This contest is awsome because it makes ether a prior hope owner get hopes.Or a hayes guy who finally finds out how better hopes are :D

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Why i Love to hate Rochester, NY
1. The Road riding here is Amazing
2. I was Fired from my lovly LBS, cause my boss thought i would steal from him
3. The City is a wonderful place to Urban ride.
4. Couple months later my ex-LBS boss assaults me on a ride.
5. There are so many local trails that are all hidden throughout the Urban/sub-urban area, its hard to get bored.
6. ex-boss calls everyone in the bike "industry area" and says anything dirty he can come up with.
7. I find out who my real friends really are.
8. Months later, ex-boss is still going insane. and many of the people that thought i would actually steal from LBS, now believe my story and have kicked "him" out of everything else.
9. Too late ****ers.
10. Most of my family lives in and around here, i just can't leave this place.
Steve The K.

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
i'm from Georgetown, MA...about 1/2 an hour to 45 minutes north of Boston. Yes, i'm in the boonies. It is a small town with nothing much going on...but its growing with all the families moving out of the city. Georgetown/Rowley State Forest is a 5 minute bike ride away from my house where we have a number of trails and a small little downhill training ground for myself. (aka trying to get the most out of small little hills) There is little to no street riding but there is enough to go out and kick around when i can't sleep at nite. all in all it's an ok place i guess, relaxing and quiet.

I NEED NEW BRAKES! :help:

eddiebrannan

Chimp
Jul 10, 2004
Well now there's really very little in my immediate neighborhood (Bushwick)to recommend it. in 1977 during the major blackouts in NYC it was the scene of major riots and looting, and there really isn't much civic pride about Bushwick 27 years later. It's not charming or pretty, but there's stuff to like. It's now predominantly a Mexican neighborhood (Equadorean too), and there are taquerias here worth travelling miles for. On the Equadorean side, my local C-Town grocery sells frozen guinea pig, hairless and whole!
But the best thing is that it's a 15-20 minute ride to Prospect Park (Brooklyn and in my opinion New York's finest, most beautiful park)
There aren't very many better places to go with a book or a dog (or a book and a dog), lay down by the lake or in the shade of a big oak and just contemplate the world. Trinidadians gather to play cricket and fly kites, Mexicans and Jamaicans play football, Americans play ulitmate frisbee, hippies play guitars, babies play with their toes… Extended families and workmates gather for barbecues, lovers kiss, dogs gambol and, like mine, make futile efforts to chase cocky squirrels, who'll stand there unflustered while the dog coversd half the ground between them, then turn with a flick of the tail at the last millisecond and scamper up the nearest trunk, pausing just out of reach to scoff at this slobbering, jumping barking beast that is clearly so inferior to their own species.
As the seasons change the bluebells bloom and young birds are born and the sun shines and the leaves turn brown and the hoar frost covers the ground and the world turns and the cycle begins anew. Road biking, as I used to do each morning, around the 3 1/2 mile circuit brings you as close to the wonders of each new season as you can get. Dew, frost, snow, the blessed cool before the sun has fully risen in midsummer - all this yours before breakfast, a unmatched richness you haven't encountered since you sold your Bianchi.
I've seen eagles and turtles and woodpeckers in Prospect Park. I've seen sunrise and sunset, i've seen joy, pain, relationships begin and end, in Prospect Park. I've ridden a Bianchi, a Litespeed, a P.3, an Evil Imperial, a .243; i've learned to jump, learned to manual, crashed and opened my shin to the bone, learned my limitations, learned to overcome them, experienced success and failure and embraced both…
The always the ride home, the brownstones, the tenements, the projects, the avenues, the elevated subway line, the fried chicken stores, the bodegas, the Lincoln Town Car gypsy cabs, the dollar vans, the sidewalk preachers, the honeys, the honeys… ah, we bring em up cute in Brooklyn!
Finally back to the hood, trashy sidewalk, blank brisck wall, graffiti-covered steel door, key turns, clunk-click. In, hoist bike upstairs to second floor (thank God - my last place was a 5th floor walkup) and into apartment. og hopping around deliriously as you lean your bike against the wall and take care of any mud and dirt you got on it during the ride. as you do so look out the window over the rooftops towards the distant buildings of the Manhattan skyline, smile, realize you love everything and everyone in between. Happy to be home. Happy to be Brooklyn.

hurricane

Chimp
Sep 18, 2001
I'm from Port Coquitlam, B.C. which is a suburb of Vancouver. I like it here because there's some great riding locally at Eagle Mtn and Burke Mtn. The bottom of the trails on Burke are a 5 minute spin from my house. (another good thing is that a person can actually afford a house here, vs. other areas around Vancouver.) Plus the shore is 30 minutes away, and of course Whistler is less than 2 hours away.

Bad things? Well the traffic sucks, and it rains a lot.

Anders

Monkey
Mar 5, 2002
Carlsbad, CA, USA
i live in durham, new hampshire, home of the university of new hampshire. we have a great bike team at the school hear to do it all from xc, dh, ds, and hosting cyclocross races. we have some great xc trails and some of us locals have started building djs/drops. oh, and i need some super strong disc brakes to haul my ass down on my new bike ;)

lanman

Monkey
Nov 2, 2001
Natick, MA
I was born in Bawston, raised in Natick, MA, 20 minutes west of Boston. It's your normal boring suburb, but right near some kick ass riding, Nam, Lynn, lots o dirt jumps. Going to school in Boston, so I consider myself a part time resident..kick ass riding in the city, can't wait to go back!

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
I live in Newtown Australia. It's about a 10 min ride from Sydney City and is full of uni students and hippies. Its pretty cool, there are lots of differant resturants and heaps of food variety. I mostly ride in the blue mountains, sick tracks up there. Rennie used to ride them, infact he built some of them. Sick mate! :)

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
Boston Mass checking in... there is great riding only short distances from the city. Lift assisted biking is ~ 2+ hours out, so a busy work and social schedule makes it a tough activity to partake in with any regularity. :( We love our Sox & the Patriots. The seasons are great though it does get d@mn cold in the the winter at time. I really like it here, but you pay through the nose for rent and home prices are outrageous. Go Sox.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I live in Avon, CT and I really like living in this part of Connecticut. Plenty of great places to mountain bike from within 10 minutes to an hour or so drive. Lots of conveniences close by to my place (shopping, restaurants, bars, an EMS store), and I have made many good friends here as well. I'm very happy to be living here right now and see myself staying here for a long time.

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
So far I think I'm the only one from Florida posting here. I like Florida. It's hot, English is sometimes a foreign language, and come winter the snowbirds flock to south Florida like swallows to Capistrano. In all honesty, the beach is 5 minutes away and the riding is actually really good, if albeit a bit short on mileage.

b-man

Chimp
May 25, 2002
ct
Well I live in Greenwich, Connecticut, the notoriously rich and stuck up suburb very close to New York City. I really don't like it that much at all. First off, Greenwich is the drug capitol of America (really...15 year olds o.d. on coke), and I'm not into that. I don't really fit in, being nearly the sole serious biker in town.

I'm going away to school, so I won't be able to ride my stunts that I've spent 3 years on. The local bike shops charge prices proportionate to the town they're in.

Other than that, the trails are okay, the girls are absolutely blazing because hot, rich parents make hot, rich girls. Its a fun place to be sometimes. I love it and I hate it, but I gotta have some change.

arsenic

Monkey
May 9, 2004
springfield, va
Springfield, VA. It's been home for the last 10 years or so. But I've always lived in this area. I think the best part about living here is the particular part of Springfield I live is just a short mile ride to the trails at Accotink :D (local single track trails !) I really haven't lived anywhere else so I sure don't have much in the way of a comparrison to anyplace else. But, I do know, traffic around here is a nightmare! Always has been, and it just seems to be gettin worse all the time :( All in all not a bad place to live.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
I'm originally from northern virginia but moved to Knoxville, TN 5 years ago to go to UTK. After receiving my degree, I stayed here for the girl and have gown to like this town. There are some decent xc rides around town and riding on UTK's campus is good too. Mostly I've been riding out at windrock mtn which is about 30 minutes out. These are some of the best dh trails in the east and we locals feel very grateful for living so close to such a great venue. A new fully paved shuttle road now takes up to the top and new trails have been built over the past few years to give us many options. Overall, the biking here is great and I'm getting used to the town - now that I can get away from all the southern football crazy frat boys.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I live in Santa Cruz California. I love it! I live riding distance from great trails, (bmx and Mountain bike) there is a college campus with good urban riding, we have mountains, and the ocean, the only problem is it's very expensive to live here, I have all the resources for great riding except money to buy parts with..... thats why I need these brakes...

hans2

Chimp
Jul 26, 2002
Boston
Boston, Mass. I liked it alright the first year I was here, but now I just want out. I have too much history here. That and the upcoming DNC really shows how crappy of a town this place really is.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i'm an ex-pat currently living in dublin. dublin is a land of rain, literary titans, streets awash w/ guinness, and the best craic on earth (nope, it's not a drug; check out an irish translator if you need to). however, there are no chairlifts in this country, which is a distinct drag.

Status
Not open for further replies.