Quantcast

Hope Mono M4 Disc Brake Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
I'm from Sunnyvale, CA. I enjoy the bay area since we have a ton of stuff to choose from for riding, weather is great, and plenty of riders in the area. Don't enjoy the higher cost living aspect of it, especially gas prices.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i live i asheville north carolina and i love it!its overcrowded, has no jobs available, and wayyyy expensive. aside from that stuff though we have the most amazing mountains, music scenes bars, outdoor activities (especially riding). i almost moved out west a while ago but i just cant leave these amazing mountains and awesome people behind. the south-east is really where it is at.

samich457

Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Stinkin Lincoln
Im from Sacramento Ca. Sacramento is great cause you have pretty much everything within an 1 1/2 hour drive. Mountains,ocean, lakes, city! Lots of urban riding to do here! We need more dirt jumps though. DH scene isnt too bad with Auburn down the road and N* not too far. The chicks aint bad either!

synchro

Chimp
Apr 12, 2004
the forest
livin in Coquitlam BC, right in the middle of mtb heaven. close to the shore, burke, eagle, woodlot, sumas, vedder, squamish, whistler, pemberton and the sunshine coast - all within a 2hr drive or less (eagle is only a 15min bike ride away and what some would say is the best vancouver area riding)

too bad i don't have enough posts 'cause i sure could use some new brakes.

ps - i build a ton, over 500hrs already this year, does that help?

Feb 26, 2003
I'm from Alberta.. in canada.. i a small City called Ft.McMurray, Its quite the sux with all of the dirt bags who work at the oilsands plants. Its a very dirtycity.

But atleast we have trees and hills here, there are a few pretty sweet trails here, a few fast flowy jumpy trails. A few with wooden gaps and stunts.
We even have a couple Dirtjump spots, even though we only have one (crappy) bike shop the bike scene is pretty rad here.

dburatti

Chimp
Jul 19, 2001
Austin, TX
I'm a native Austinite and currently live in Austin, TX. I've lived in CA, TN, GA, and FL, and I always find myself coming back to Austin. I guess one of the things I like most about Austin is that it's not really like the rest of Texas. People have an idea of what Texas is about; Austin doesn't fit that bill. Plus, we have some great riding, and more opportunities are developing each year.

Blueadder

Chimp
Jul 19, 2004
Lafayette, Louisiana
I live in Lafayette, Louisiana. We have alittle love hate relationship going here. I hate it here, because the the closest decent place to ride is atleast and hour away. Yet, the friendly people and the great food are something I think I could never live without.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Bend, Oregon in the HIZ-OUSE!

I have only lived here for a month, and I am in love with this place. Everyday I ride new trails or roads, and the surrounding towns have great riding as well. Singletrack is everywhere I turn, in fact, I've gotten lost there is so much of it! As snow melts, I have been heading to higher elevations to check out those trails too.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Centraila, Washington.

It's fine, I guess, we just got a Quizno's. The best thing about Centralia is that it centrally located between Seattle and Portland, and get this, it is also centrally located between mountains and the Pacific.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
ummbikes said:
Centraila, Washington.

It's fine, I guess, we just got a Quizno's. The best thing about Centralia is that it centrally located between Seattle and Portland, and get this, it is also centrally located between mountains and the Pacific.
But where did it get the name Centralia from?

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Right now, living in Alexandria, Virginia, so most of my riding takes place up in Maryland or out in the GW National forest. The riding is good, once you get to it, but the drive is a commitment as it is usually an hour at a minimum. There are some spots closer in, but they are just too groomed if you know what I mean.

Living here is good, but someday I hope to move back out West to Colorado or Arizona where my mountain bike skilles were originally honed.

As for very close riding, the best thing is going and hitting up some urban in DC.

Gumby

Chimp
Apr 6, 2003
Los Angeles, sorta
Calabasas, CA.
I didn't pick this place for the riding, but I ride because I live here.
I started riding because it seemed the logical choice to burn off the excess pizza and beer; there's miles and miles of trails in the Santa Monica and San Gabriel mountains. So I got a $200 hardtail.
Anyways, 6 years, 4 frames, 5 forks, countless brake pads, and dozens of broken parts later, I can't stop. I can't sleep on nights before morning rides, it's like the excitement of a first date on each ride.
On the trails I see people who either:
a) their Dr. said they had to do so or they'd die
b) they want to firm up their flabby ass
c) are exercsize freaks
and I pity them, because none of them enjoys what they're doing.
I'm in a 4th class, I love riding and being out in the mountains in the early mornings.

Jun 19, 2004
alamo
hey whats up. i am mark and i am from alamo ca. the ridind her is best in the winter and spring. the dirt is really hard so it needs to be wet. the only problem is that their are to many rich people here, u get the cops called alot. so ya that is hw the riding is

Guntruck

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
Mill Creek, WA
Bellingham, WA

Its a nice college town chuck full of hippies and cheap booze. What do I like best about it? Uhh, most likely that you can get a pototo burrito for under 5 bucks what weighs 16oz, and that we have Pita Pit here. Anyway, riding around here is pretty decent and BC isnt too far away. I can think of alot worse places to live.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
From Vestal, NY - about 3.5 hours northwest of the city.

The area is OK... lots of good riding (good by my standards at least), but too much rain/humidity. The rolling hills of central NY make for a good variety of trails, and you can't beat a wide view of the countryside in the fall when the leaves are changing. Not as spectacular as the mountains out west, but more beautiful, IMO.

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
I live in Granite Bay which is about 20minutes north of sacramento. I think that it's the absolute best place to live. I live 2 hours from the bay area and such riding as pacifica, carlmont and other spots, 1hr from Sandhill, 20minutes from sacramento's street spots, 20minutes from auburn where we shuttle all winter long, 1 hour from Northstar, the best chairlift mountain in california and lake tahoe were theres a lot of awesome trails to ride, 5min from folsom lake where there are some easy trails to ride but they are fun for an after work quick ride. Besides these places, there are tons of other places to ride DH or XC, like downieville, sly park, south lake tahoe, mammoth, everything is around sacramento. I love it here!

Chris

How could you not like this view?

tazzmenn

Chimp
Jun 8, 2004
Richmond BC CDN
I live in Vancouver B.C. Canada. The mountains are soo steep and technical here that I need to have high quality brakes to slow me down. Most people hate Vancouver because the riding realy sucks. It rains all the time, so everyone stay away.haha

These brakes would be a great addition to my current rig. I have Hope E4 on it right now. So I know the quality and power of hope brakes. But my E4 are are 3 years old and need to be overhauled. So this would save me the 200 cdn $ needed to revive them.

Jul 24, 2002
Carmel, CA
Carmel CALIFORNIA! I'm here to represent all the old people in the 831. It's a nice place to live, and although the scenery is gorgeous, there's not much to ride. I guess my biggest complaints are that not much ever happens around here, and you can't drive (or ride for that matter) anywhere for more than 10 minutes without seeing or having to swirve around (so you don't get hit) at least one completely senile old person. So I guess what i'm trying to say is that I like it here.

I'm from Gatineau, Qc, Canada. The riding here is great; 5 years ago we had the national championship, we have a federal park (open to bikes) with about 150 kms of trails. For road riding, the roads are also really good ; our new prime minister Paul Martin has his summer house in the park... wich explains why we have a nice park...

Hungry_Hank

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
urban sprawl (orange county)
Santa Ana, California. probably the only rider from the other side of the tracks, santa ana has some pretty descent urban but the real gold is in the saddleback hills and down in the south county (san juan hills). Contrary to popular beleif, the santa ana river trail isn't really in santa ana, i wish it was so i could ride it more but its not, so i stick to ghetto style urban riding. i just got back from mammoth where i tacod my front wheel and my hayes crapped out on me, i had to rent a bike for the remainder of the trip.. major bummer. anyways, gimme the damn brakes, please.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I live in mountain-free Chicago. It sucks because, well, there are no mountains. I do love it here though as we do have fun trails so I'll take our sweet fast rolling trails and be glad I've got 'em. The street riding here is amazing too. There are SO many skilled street and trails riders here, you wouldn't believe it.

My friends and I, sick of losing trails and stunts to those that would have every foot of trail groomed, secured private land where we build and gave birth the the CPX Freeride park. It has turned into an amazing place to ride, practice skills, jump, etc. and since the word got out people have been coming from all over the area, midwest and abroad to check it out.

Yesterday I returned from a 3 week road trip through Colorado. I rode like 18 days in a row, downhilling at Vail and Keystone, jumping in Silverthorne, riding endless amazing trails in Co.Springs and on the front range. Even after all that great riding there is something awesome about coming back to your "home trails", which I rode just a little while ago with some of my friends. We tore it up today. Life is good!

Nick

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
I am from San Clemente, CA. It's a small (but growing; population: 50,000), and only about 3 people here my age do freeride, dirtjumping and the type of riding i do. They just built a new retirement home(the 3rd in the city), and all they do is slow down the traffic and complain. When i was 10 years old i used to ride a motorized scooter, and they would call the cops just because i didnt have turn signals. Stupid stuff like that just to make me mad i think. Also, in teh last month, the city tore down every jump in the city. I know have to drive 30 minutes just for some decent jumps.:(

Shmoe

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Calgary, Canada eh?
I live in Cochrane Alberta, population 10,000. Between me, my brother, sister and parents we most likely know the whole town. Biking is getting big here as we are close to some lift access riding in Calgary, but the town in stuck on being a western town. If I win these brake I will have to claim they are for a Go-cart or horse cart or I will get beat up.

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
Hi,

I live in Montreal , QC Canada and ride at Bromont and Mte Ste. Anne mostly, started racing DH this year at age 48 ! I just love it except for the nasty wet and muddy conditions this year at every race so far. Also ride a little XC but DH is so much more fun !

fatson

Chimp
Jul 26, 2004
spartanburg
i was born and live in spartanburg, south carolina it s ok but it is humid as all get out i like to bike but there is not a lot of places to ride around but i just usually ride on my own trails. it s ok but after awhile it gets boring. i try to get out as much as possible riding on more well know trails but i usually dont have to many people to ride with.

NJPhil

Chimp
Dec 3, 2001
New Jersey
I live in Cranford, NJ and overall it's not such a bad place. Only 1 hour from Mountain Creek (Diablo Freeride Park) and 2.5 hours from Plattekill. NYC is an easy 15 mile drive from my house and has all the cultural stuff to keep the wife happy.

bigshred

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Bellingham
I live in Bellingham Wa, and I have some of the best riding in my back yard. The location is unique because because of the numerous trails and the climate- the rainy season and August. I can get to whistler in about 2.5 hours and the north shore in about half that. I my home town we have such clasics as hidden dragon, snakeonia, and Burly Mc Narl. If you ever head out this direction dont forget to bring your bike. I love this place. P.S. My favorite trails are really steep! hope brakes would be awesome.

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
I from a little suburb near Seattle called Mountlake Terrace. The urban here is pretty sweet - it is fun to try and find new stuff to ride that you have never seen before and be creative with lines. I like it here because it is not super crowded yet still there is plenty of access to good riding. There are a couple of wooded areas around that have some trails as well as a couple of built up sections. Just talk to the local bike shop and they can point you to the closest trails it is pretty central to a lot of great riding :D .

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Lets see... I'm from Amarillo Texas USA but currently go to Cardigan Mountain School in Canaan New Hampsheir. I have had alot of problems with brakes like Hayes. I have heard so many great things about them. I always seem to mess up my hayes and just begging for a new pair of brakes because i am disliking hayes! I LOVE RIDEMONKEY!!!

InsaneP2Rider

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
I live in Asheville, NC, and i like it here. you could ride in pisgah every day if you wanted to, and you're always finding out about new places to ride. I'm almost finished with a new bullit that i'm building up and i can't wait to shuttle some sweet trails. I just wish that there was a really nice bikepark, or something, with nice DH and 4X (and a chairlift, of course) that was really close...

SuperSlow

Monkey
May 18, 2004
Bellingham
I currently live in austin texas, but am moving to bellingham in a month. Austin has some fairly good xc riding and a bunch of good dirt jumps.

Hooligan

Chimp
Nov 6, 2002
Africkinlaska
We'll lets see...
Born in Memphis TN, raised in Little Rock AR, currently living in Anchorage AK

XC riding is pretty good here, lotsa hilly rooty trials. The local nordic ski trails are nice smooth double track. Downhill was pretty lacking untill recently when the one of the local ski resorts created a cople of trails and opened a lift. Anchorage is a pretty cool place to although the night life sucks. Depending where you are riding in town you can come tire to nose with moose or bear. All in all its a pretty cool place.

Oh ya I almost forgot to add hope ya like winter, cause its long here.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I'm in a little town called Gardnerville, NV. We're about 10 miles south of Carson City, and about 2 hours north of Mammoth. What I like is that we're a small town (about 8000-10000 pop.), yet we're so close to all of the yearly activities. You like to fish? Ski? Hike/ride/star gaze/camp? Lake Tahoe is just over the hill, about 30 minutes drive. Kirkwood, Squaw Valley, North Star, and Heavenly are all within an hours drive. We get all four seasons, though right now with the summer's upper-90 degree weather, we're already looking forward to winter's snow. We have the Death Ride each year (aka Tour of the California Alps), and America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride (Ride Around Tahoe). Road or mountain biking is darn near perfect, and the choices are many (look at the above ski area list). If you have to gamble, Tahoe or Reno will take care of your fix (no offense to Carson City, just too few of quality choices). And finally, when it comes to community support, I have yet to find a town with bigger hearts than right here.

Ironhorse12

Chimp
May 19, 2004
Fort Collins, CO
I was born in Fort Collins and that is where i currently live. I love this town, the people are very friendly. We are also fortunate enough to have an incredible local bike shop called Road 34, they are very supportive of everyone who enters and they themselves race DH in the Mountain States Cup.

alban

Chimp
Jun 1, 2004
Scotland
well i'm from wet and cold edinburgh in scotland over the sea from most of you lot which is pretty lame mostly due to crap weather... in the rare occasion of good weather the riding here is good although you do have to travel to it. living in the centre of town is good for street riding but this gets tedious as i'm sure you all know.
i will at last be getting the hell outta here for a while in a couple of months to go to hong kong where street riding is like no other place!

DirtBagDude

Chimp
Dec 14, 2003
Maple Valley, WA
So, I'm from Maple Valley, Washington. Theres a wide variety of trails here and most are within riding distance. But some of the best north shore is on my property :D
Yeah, Maple Valley is a little town but it's gettin' a lot bigger very fast. I don't really mind it, because I meet a lot of new bikers!

-Jon

Nov 8, 2003
Bedford, Nova Scotia-The riding here isn't that great. A few nice FR trails around. One moutain with a couple nice DH trails. A whole lot of XC around, but I'm not into the whole spandex thing. A couple nice urban spots in and around the city. We have a couple DJ parks to.
What really sucks is that one (of two) ski hills shut down to bikers this summer. We had a kick ass DS course and a bunch of DH/FR trails.

This place needs some Hope. But I'm sure a set of disk brakes will do just fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.