Quantcast

Hope mono minis - piston won't retract

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
One piston on the rear caliper of my minis won't retract - what could cause this? The other seems to be working OK, though it may not be retracting as far as it should. I'm pretty sure the line needs to be bled, could that have anything to do with it? Anything else I should be on the lookout for?

Seems to have come on fairly quickly. The rear has always dragged a bit, but never enough to really concern me. Now (within the last couple of weeks), it's so tight I can't get the caliper to slide back over the rotor.

Any thoughts?

Oct 14, 2007
sometimes its rusted on the inside, I've seen that on the hayes, take the piston our and clean the bore hole with a wool

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I guess Brian can't suggest "Buy Hopes!" as a suggested solution to your problem this time :D

Maybe you can change your sig to:

Warranty Hopes!

Sep 1, 2007
16 powers st BKLN NY
Bleed the line but once you're done pull the pads out and pump the lever enough to try to get both pisons moving in the bores. It sounds like you either have a bad seal or the piston is cockeyed in the caliper.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I was able to get the pistons pushed back, but it took more work/force than what seemed reasonable. I haven't bled the line yet, but everything looks good.