Quantcast

Hope Mono?

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
MMcG said:
bummer - I never win anything.

How does one do a random drawing for an internet forum based raffle anyway? Just curious.

Congrats Partsbara!!
Well the first thing I do is eliminate all the fools that couldn't follow 2 simple rules. Click on the post count link in that forum and you'll see the double posters.

I then put x pieces of paper in one bag that is the page number in the thread, and 15 pieces of paper in a second bag with numbers 1-15 for the post number on the page that was drawn from bag one.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
ya...Thanks for the raffle Aaron, RM, webcyclery and cie. :thumb:

partsbara - you lucky dawg - congrats! I'm sure you'll enjoy the new brakes. I know I would of, would of been a nice upgrade on the Spot.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Ridemonkey said:
Well the first thing I do is eliminate all the fools that couldn't follow 2 simple rules. Click on the post count link in that forum and you'll see the double posters.

I then put x pieces of paper in one bag that is the page number in the thread, and 15 pieces of paper in a second bag with numbers 1-15 for the post number on the page that was drawn from bag one.
Ahhhh.....very clever!

And again thanks for holding the raffle!!

Will there be more? :cool: :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ridemonkey said:
Yeah soon.
Oh man I thought you were judging on quality of the post. Damn it!!

I should have read the direction more.... and stuff.....

:D

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
stosh said:
Oh man I thought you were judging on quality of the post. Damn it!!

I should have read the direction more.... and stuff.....

:D
Me too. I am one of tools that posted twice. :blah: Probably the only one. I am dumb!

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
Me too!
Now I gotta spend 530.00 for Hope Mono 6 Ti
You'd think I'd be used to never in my whole life winning a raffle. :nuts:
dammit....arrrggghhhh
Oh well, congrats Partsbara
Enjoy them. I know I would have also...

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
MMcG said:
How does one do a random drawing for an internet forum based raffle anyway? Just curious.
You know, I've always been kinda curious about the same too. I've won two big things online and it was all dumb luck. I always imagined the the process included a bunch of guys sitting around a computer while tossing back some beers.