Quantcast

hope mono6ti question/problem

snoopz666

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
now residing in kamloops
ok so i just bought a front hope mono6, got it for $350 CDN. :D i love it already, amazing brake. BUT when i lean my bike on its side a bit when im rolling along the spokes rub on the calipur. :mumble: do i just need to get the wheel retentioned (i crashed at whistler, bent my rim prety bad.)its fixed now but i dont know if mabey its dished to the left a bit or what... or do i need a different hub? :confused: :help:

edit: running a axiom TA20 on a 888

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
It may be the hub, but you've got the clearance on a 888 to dish it a few mm's to the right even if that puts it technically off-center.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
if dishing it to the right does n't work you could space the rotor away from the hub and space the caliper a bit less away from the fork.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
have it dished and tenshion makes shure the spokes are titened up with enouph for and when you spin it does the wheel feel like it is spinning orf balance because you may just need to true the wheels

snoopz666

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
now residing in kamloops
the rim has nothing to do with it if anything it would be the hub. i took it in todoay though they said they could fix it, but the one guy that was there was the owner and man hes an idiot if it was him doing the work i wouldnt go. so i hope they fix it cause i really love that brake.

and another question, has anyone here ever broke a headset. i broke mine at whistler and im hoping that i didnt ovalize my headtube or anything like that, theres no cracks around it so i think im gunna be safe, but really how hard is it supposed to be to break a headset, ive never heard of that happening. makes me feel lucky that i didnt get anything worse then a concussion and some dirt rash.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
snoopz666 said:
and another question, has anyone here ever broke a headset. i broke mine at whistler and im hoping that i didnt ovalize my headtube or anything like that, theres no cracks around it so i think im gunna be safe, but really how hard is it supposed to be to break a headset, ive never heard of that happening. makes me feel lucky that i didnt get anything worse then a concussion and some dirt rash.
I have broke cheap ball bearing headsets, but never a decent sealed bearing type (i.e. Chris King, FSA Pig Pro).

But, either way, I would take out the cups and measure everything.