Quantcast

Hope Pro II hub's luv or hate ?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
the hope II front hub flanges are 2 different sizes. the disc side is 2mm higher then the right. i believe it was 46-44. i was just at the shop and they incountered 2 different spoke lengths.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
The flange material is the same size, but on one flange the spoke holes are 1mm closer to the edge than on the other side. 54 & 56.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I've been using Hope hubs for well over 10years, had more hope hubs than I care to remember, split many flanges, broke a couple axles and had a few other issues but I still use 'em coz they are so great when it comes to customer service. doubt I would if I wasn't in the UK tho.

Seb - what we really need is someone to have tha balls to release a 150mm DH rear hub with a 5 speed freehub and make use of the extra room for a nice wide dishless lfange spacing. - talking of which, do you happen to know of a source of cheap individual cassette spacers so I can bin my 4 pointless large tooth cassette sprockets?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Gary, I have a bunch of spare spacers I can chuck your way if you want. PM me a thickness (e.g. 15mm) and your address and I'll shove them in the post for you.

And you're quite right on the mini-freehub hub idea, it's on my list of things to make when I start making bike bits haha :)

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Cheers mate. :) I'll PM you after the weekend, the bike's in the shop waiting on the forks coming back from Fishers.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
-C- WOW they told me that the 150mm and the ss hub share the same body and mine with the ss body doesn't have that HUGE space. i stand corrected. maybe its a different run??

also the steel freehub body i be leave is only for the ss hub it can only run 6 gears and its only for 135mm spacing

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Why? I can't see why anything other than dishless is ideal?

I have a hoep pro2 150 in front of me right now, and a tape measure, and can tell you that the flanges are equally spaced from the centre of the hub, which will give a dishless build. Please explain why you think a wheel dished over to the disc side is better?
I'm all for dishless for strength as well but I had the same measurements as UM. Haven't built any 150 hubs lately but have some on the way. They may have changed the flange geometry a bit and if so, good on them because it will have equal tension with the dimensions you provided.

If you're going dishless you should also go for equal tensions on both sides. Last I checked Hadley 150 or Ringle dimensions they don't equalize the tension left to right either but something like the DT 440 does. If you go with equal spacing, make the flanges identical and if you go with unequal spacing, alter flange height to balance.