Quantcast

Hope Pro II owners

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Does your rear hub creak? Mine was creaking pretty bad during climbs. I pulled it apart to inspect for cracks, but everything seemed good. Reassembled/re-greased with some Synlube and all is silent again. Everything is press fit so I'm assuming I had a bit of flex between parts somwhere and the fresh grease has quieted it down.

Anyone else had this problem or know someone who has? Do they just need servicing more than most hubs? These only have about 300 off-road miles on them. I usually only service my hubs about once a year.

BTW: The Park grease has quieted it down a bit. I said to my buddy... "listen to that they are so quiet now" He laughed at me... "You call that quiet?".

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
nor mine.

your creaking experiences are rather extensive. didn't you start a thread about a creaking spec epic? :D

Last edited:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
nor mine.

your creaking experiences are rather extensive. didn't you start a thread about a creaking spec epic? :D
Yeah, this is the same bike too, and it would creak under power, just like before. But unlike last time I was able to isolate the noise. Last time it took months to develop into noticeable flex and multiple cracks in the chainstay.

Last edited:

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Could be aluminum cassette carrier on aluminum cassette body. I haven't noticed creaking on mine but there is sooo much other clanking and creaking going on I probably wouldn't notice.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Pop the axel out and check the freehub side bearing (it should be smooth, no grit or knotches whatsoever!) Check the axel for surface integrity while your at it. If it has pits or cuts in it do not take them down, just get a new axel....

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
Mine does not and has been solid, but I have a 10mm bolt on. I have seen problems with 12mm through-hole hope pro 2's however. What do you have?