Quantcast

Hopefully something good coming out of something bad...

Well...took my BB off my DH bike just to make sure it was holding up ok...yeah, definatly stripped my BB frame screwing it back in. Frame is ruined. I could re-tap it but that would make the frame a little weaker.
SOOOOOOOOOOOO
I talked to my boss and since they want me to ride a trek anyway if I am going to be racing for the shop, I was "allowed" to talk to trek myself and order a bike on close out.
I was able to score a trek 05 liquid frame and am going to switch the majority of my components over.
Everyone please say a pray for me...this will be a week long project, on top of going home to see a dog of mine pass, a friend funeral, and attending an unprepared race...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Uh, you can retap a bottom bracket shell without weakening it. I had a discussion with a Phil Wood technician how you could even tap it for Italian threads.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Done--prayer has been said. You've got a tough week. I hope that you can go for a ride on your new bike next week and enjoy some time to yourself!

Just waiting for a cranksent to come in, oh and the frame. Kevins funeral was beautiful, lots of flowers. I was able to also see some old friends of mine. Terribly sad. What is ever sadder is that I came back in to the shop on tuesday (a couple hours after the funeral had ended) and my boss gets in my face and yells at my about something sutpid when he knew I had just gotten back from a friends funeral. I didnt stop crying until I had fallen asleep.

SuperKat

Monkey
Jul 3, 2005
New York
SUNNER!
How are you holding up? Everything okay?
Sorry about your rough week. Send me a PM if you need anything.

KAT

hey kat and everyone...Ive gotten through the rough of it. I wish people could have seen the crap I went through this week. I wouldnt wish any of it on my worst enemy. But Im hanging in there, planning a tattoo for my friend who just died, waiting my crank set to get my bike back on the mountains, and finding support from the people who dislike my manager (I hate the word hate) and like me. CRAZY. But as soon as the bike is put together I hope to have some pictures up. In the meantime...everyone go ride...its the best stress reliever besides sex (but that is awhole nother store) ha