Quantcast

Hopkinton State Park

splat

Nam I am
So we decided we were going to ride Hopkinton State park tonight, so I road My Full suspention Mt Bike to work today , with eh intent of riding over to the ride start and then Home. . Turns out to a Geourgous Day. and I was looking forward to this. I got pulled in to one ofthose impromteu meetings and and before I know it is is 5:30 , we are Meeting at 6:15 . I quickly fill my Camel Back change get on the Bike and ride over there . As I got there Berkshire_rider was already there , and SloMoJo pulls up right after me. so Not bad at all. now we ride.

The side of The park we started on is quite rooty , roots that loosen up the fillings in your teeth, even on a Full suspention, I can't imagine how I did it on a Hard tail , and I know I did.

But here was a Nice steep down with some off camber roots to make it interesting

Next we came upon this lovely drainage Pipe.

we got over to the levee and road down it to this little swimming area , water lever is very low right now , and lit lloked like they had just gratted the Sand , and SloMoJo huck off the wall into the sand.

ther ewere a couple of Hay Burners around too.

Back into the woods.

these Rocks were positioned in a way that made it very difficult to get through

Berkshire Rider found a Little rock that gave a Nice Kick

and we followed an Less travelled trail ( and would pay for that too, with a Nasty Hike a bike up hill ) and Foundan old Dam on the Sudbury River. while it no longer held the water back it did make a Nice ride.

And I love this trail the way the trees are is just a Placethat screans Take Pictures!!!

Berkshire ride playing on the boat launches.

A stair gap.

On our way Back , SloMoJo found this cool technical trail right next to the Spill Way.

The bridge crossingthe Spill way

Riding on the levee Berkshire Rider check out the Huck into the water off of one of the spill way control valves

Bike Limbo Time

a Nice Big Log to get over

and Finally just before the end a Nice gully.

However they were done , But I was not . I now had to ride home. I Went slow and on some back roads that I barely saw any other cars , I like it that way. and it was such a Nice noight It was an awesome ride.