Quantcast

horrible rumors(Wildernest)

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
Word on the street today is that Wildernest is going to be plowed this week. A few riders have be threatened with tickets this weekend. The forest service says they will fine any rider caught back there $150(one rider was giving a written warning just riding in the parking lot). Some local riders are going to talk to the forest service this week to find out what is going on.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Was this area built on FS land?

Was the FS consulted or involved about the building of this stuff on the land?

If the answers are yes and no, I can't believe that anyone is particularly surprised if the smack falls.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Yarr...tis a sad day that the FS has to result to tearing down trails that have been there for ages. I've said it before, I'll say it again, I guess we should just go do drugs :thumb:

RIP Wildernest :(

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
Hmm . . . I was just thinking about the upcoming race at Keystone and how (more than likely) Wildernest will be overrun with riders next weekend. I wonder how this will impact the situation, esp. if whomever it was that issued the tickets has to come out multiple times? Just a thought, maybe it'd be best to avoid the area for a bit / let others know not to make matters worse?

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Why does the forest service care about some mounds of dirt built in a gully behind some apartment buildings? Liability? Has anyone tried talking with FS officials? Maybe we could work something out... get official signs posted that say 'ride at your own risk' or something along those lines.