Quantcast

horror movies

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Evil Dead & Army of Darkness
Hellraisers... but the ones where they develop the story.
Cubes
Ginger Snaps, particularly the third one
American Werewolf in London

You get the idea :) thanks for asking.

CA_Descender

Chimp
Nov 18, 2007
Simi, CA
Resident Evil 1,2 and 3
Event Horizon
Hellraiser 1, 6, 9 and a few others

And then there are the Bruce Campbell movies although I would not call them pure horror flicks, more comedy/horror I guess

Army of Darkness
The Evil Dead
Evil Dead: Regeneration
Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Hellraiser *
Hellraiser 2
Evil Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Alien
Halloween
Halloween 2
I am Legend
Event Horizon
In the Mouth of Madness*
American History X
Silence of the Lambs
High Tension*
Seven*
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

I hear the descent is really scary...just watched it, it wasn't really to me. I think if they would have pushed the whole clautrophobic thing and then losing your senses bit, that would have been a lot more scary...and harder to write.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Horror Express, or any other Hammer film. Other than that, The Exorcist still sends a chill down my spine (the novel is even more intense, however...)

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
+ 1000

Have you guys seen The Orphanage??? If not, it's currently in theaters - GO SEE IT!!!! By the end of that movie my stomach hurt and I was tired from being scared the whole time.
I'm bumping this old thread instead of starting a new one on The Orphange. HOLY CRAP!!! Creepiest friggin' movie i have ever seen. I had goosebumps when the final credits started to roll. I don't watch a lot of horror type films (I wouldn't say this is a "horror" by Hollywood standards though) so maybe I'm being sensitive. Anyway it was awesome.

I'm now officially excited that Del Toro is rumored to be the director for the 2 Hobbit films.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
audition
tokyo gore police

Not Safe For Work...the second more than the first.

mdc

Monkey
Jul 8, 2006
Uxbridge
I'm bumping this old thread instead of starting a new one on The Orphange. HOLY CRAP!!! Creepiest friggin' movie i have ever seen. I had goosebumps when the final credits started to roll. I don't watch a lot of horror type films (I wouldn't say this is a "horror" by Hollywood standards though) so maybe I'm being sensitive. Anyway it was awesome.

I'm now officially excited that Del Toro is rumored to be the director for the 2 Hobbit films.
Del Toro is doing the new Hellboy movie due out in a few weeks- looks awsome.....

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
American History X
Uhhh........I don't think that's a horror movie :crazy:

Not unless your idea of a horror movie involves skinheads & being raped in showers.......I guess it could be a horror movie.

I think the list on here is a good one. The last movie I watched where I was surprised was the amity ville horror. I didn't think much of it at first but when I was done watching it I was surprised.

I know these might not fit in, but the first SAW movie was done really well. The other ones were......ehhh........like most sequels.

That's usually what ruins the series. Too many movies in it. It's like the Jason/Freddy/Halloween series. Some of the first ones were just plain classics, but then as you moved to the end it was like WTF......he dies every movie and comes back. It always gives something else to watch but it does get old. If the movie's done right it's a classic instantly, but once you get 10 movies in the series it's like "which one are you watching now"

There's some not listed but a lot of Stephen King's movies can be pretty creepy. The first Pet Cemetery comes to mind as well as IT.