Quantcast

Horse Capital of the USA!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
So I am moving from my lovely apartment in lovely Pasadena to a much larger house, with a big yard (time to build jumps!!!) in NORCO. Someone said I have to get a hat and boots or they arrest you. :think:

Ack. I am headin to the 9 OH 9. So if there's anyone in Norco who can show me the local trails and if anyone wants to help build some jumps at the new place let me know.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
not a bad spot. you can always drop down to corona and ride skyline some more. you been out there lately? have they mowed that crap so you can actually see the trail?

there's always chino hills too, but mostly xc crap.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
It's actually "Horse Town USA".

Welcome to the 9-bro-9. I can't say I know of any decent riding aside from Fontana, but I'm willing to lend a helping hand with whatever building is done.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
amateur said:
It's actually "Horse Town USA".

Welcome to the 9-bro-9. I can't say I know of any decent riding aside from Fontana, but I'm willing to lend a helping hand with whatever building is done.
ditto to that. i dont mind the drive. now you have no excuse not to fontanize it up. its 5 minutes from you

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
spookydave said:
what is taking you to Norco? New job?
Great deal on the house (we're renting, by the way). The wife's job is in Ontario, and I will either transfer to Corona or quit and find a new job. The landlord is a friend of ours and is letting us rent the place for 700.00 a month. 2 bed, 1 bath. :D We are in a one bedroom apartment that is way too crowded. More than half our stuff is currently in storage. Getting rid of the storage unit and the lower rent will save us over 200 a month.

We'll be painting and getting things ready during March, and moving April 1. It's a horse property so it's kinda big. I'm not sure how much room I would need, but I'd like to get a couple of jumps put in back there. There are some hills very close and I am hoping to find some trails for some XC/trail riding. I figure that I'll always have to drive to DH spots, but at least Skyline is closer. And if Snow Summit really does open I will be closer to there too. About the same distance from Baldy.

I'll be posting up when we're ready to dig jumps (Hopefully in April) and when the housewarming party is. :D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
fiddy_ryder said:
damn.. thats half the rent for my 2 bd apt in hollywood
And for a 2 bedroom in Hollywood that's not bad. When we saw how cheap it was we knew we had to jump on it. We are hoping to save money to buy a house.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
merrrrjig said:
700 a month! Thats super cheap! and a great deal, sounds like it will be a nice place.
$700 a month is great! You can't even get a studio apartment for that these days. You could probably sub-lease that place for about $1500 a month…

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
Everything has a trade off. Your cheep rent is off set by the smell of cow dung and the 91 parking lot. I hear they raised the fast track price again.

I'd be down to hit skyline and put in some xc miles at chino sometime.

Fshflys

Monkey
Jun 29, 2005
Norco has one horse ranch that has a Heart for its brand. We live in San Juan Capistrano, home of the lagest non-motorized parade in the USA. (Lots of horses and people marching). One time we're sitting there watching the parade and I hear a little girl (about 5 yrs old) say to her mom "Look mommy, that horse has a Heart On". The mother looked in suprise at the horse her daughter was pointing at and was relieved to see the Heart Shaped Brand on the horse's hind quarters.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Probably nothing but I am going to scope it out today....

I live (will be living) at the bottom of the pic. The hill is maybe a couple of miles away.

A close up shows a paved road. Possible shuttle route?

A close up close up shows that there are trails here...

Hmmm... maybe a little place to get a little sumthin sumthin goin on???

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I wouldn't call that nothing. :trophy_br . Have you ridden up there yet? How long do you think would it take to get to the bottom, if you went staright down (just for length scale)?.

Maybe this could be AMBP's next project. " Norco DH race weekends" I can see it now, then AMBP would take over California.:think: :thumb: :drool: That could go under the goals part of the AMBP site.:thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
sjcX3oldtown said:
your a nut-kid...
nah man, he's enthusiastic.

And if I do get a little sumfin sumfin goin on I ain't tellin anyone! It's a small hill in a town of horses. I may be in the minority in this town as a biker. They don't even have sidewalks... they have a horse trail! If I do find some good runs I may post up fromtime to time about them.