Quantcast

Hosford Spook

RHARPER

Chimp
Jan 23, 2004
Dundee, MI
Many here know that Thomas Hosford out of Ann Arbor builds protos from Atomlab. This one will be soon sold under the Atomlab banner soon and be made right in Ann Arbor, MI. Here's my build.

Hosford Spook
Fox 36 Float lowered to 80mm
Profile cranks, hubs, mavic rims, Schwalbe tabletops
Animal sprocket, Deity bars, thomson stem
Atomlab Pedals

spec-rider88

Monkey
Oct 22, 2006
St.Leonard, MD
Hey I don't mean to derail this thread, but where did you get the lowered 36? Or did you do it yourself? Just curious 'cause I've seen a lot of those forks being modified lately and they look freakin SWEET.

RHARPER

Chimp
Jan 23, 2004
Dundee, MI
Rides super nice. For my style though I will most likely put a 3" rise bar on instead of the 2" rise deity on it now.

Rear Stays are 14-5/8 slammed. Mine is set at 14-7/8" with a normal chain running a 28-13. My measuring may be off on the stay though because on the computer it runs at 14.5 slammed. 22.75" top tube (straight measurement), 10" seatube

The yoke has been improved on from the TrailKing. The old consisted of a true "box" and was matched to the size of the tubing they could get. This yoke has been improved in two ways. One, there is now an internal plate that adds stiffness. The overall size and weight of it has been decreased. Second, the "box" fits together like a jigsaw puzzle that adds to the welding surface and further increases stiffness. The King was stiff to begin with but this is even stiffer. Also using a mid bb now instead of a euro bb. Campy style headset. Also, there is an internal gusset in the downtube to the headtube. 69 degree ha designed around a 100mm fork (argyle axle to crown 100mm travel dimension).

The lowered mod is a 100mm float guts with a spacer in it (supplied by fox) to push it to 80. All the stuff was ordered from Fox so I will ask him specifically the parts to get it lowered. I'll be doing the same for a prototype full susser we are working on now and slam a Float 36 from the stock 160mm to 100mm.