Quantcast

Hostages Rescued By Military They Call Occupiers

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Bosnia was 10 years ago. Different president, different reasons for going in, international support, mission accomplished in a timely manner. You are comparing that to Iraq?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
well, in their eyes, it's like your ex-g/f who cheated on you... you'll still accept a BJ, but it doesn't mean she's now gonna be faithful.

Echo and N8 are both right, we should invade where we'll actually do the most good, like Sudan.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
LordOpie said:
Echo and N8 are both right, we should invade where we'll actually do the most good, like Sudan.
Just to be clear I don't think we should invade anywhere, except maybe Canada, so we could have Whistler.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
You don't think some situations -- like genocide -- call for immediate and swift action, like invading?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
That's awesome. Peaceniks who wouldnh't have been there if your president wasn't an alcoholic, ex drug addicted, war mongering right wing religious fanatic.

Sweet.

Jabuttri

Monkey
Sep 16, 2005
Bellingham & Portland
Matt Chandler, who graduated from my college a couple of years ago left Iraq for a meeting in the US two days before his CPT team was captured. I talked to him this morning and he was overjoyed that his friends were released although he still mourns Fox who was killed. He is heading back to Iraq to continue his mission soon I can only admire his courage.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
LordOpie said:
You don't think some situations -- like genocide -- call for immediate and swift action, like invading?
Is genocide is OK when it's approved by the president?

If the international community sees an immediate need, then the international community should certainly work together to take care of the problem.

The US government manipulating it's allies and creating false intelligence data doesn't count.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Echo said:
Is genocide is OK when it's approved by the president?

If the international community sees an immediate need, then the international community should certainly work together to take care of the problem.

The US government manipulating it's allies and creating false intelligence data doesn't count.
I wasn't commenting on Iraq :rolleyes:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Echo said:
I know, I'm just extremely fed up with our government right now. Sorry :help:
Don't be sorry. It's your right to be fed up, at least until they pass a law saying you can't, then we are all screwed.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
jimmydean said:
Don't be sorry. It's your right to be fed up, at least until they pass a law saying you can't, then we are all screwed.
It's only a matter of time before a (supreme) court interprets the Patriot Act that way.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
jimmydean said:
Except N8. He'll be quite happy when his rights are all taken away.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Echo said:
Just to be clear I don't think we should invade anywhere, except maybe Canada, so we could have Whistler.
You clowns would ruin it in two weeks. It would end up with some sort of roller coster, and then disney would buy it out.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MMike said:
BOOYAH!

(But everyone know the british are pussies.....)
No doubt. But they might be a little smarter. At least they tried making money off of their Indians instead of trying to kill them off. :dead:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
atrokz said:
You clowns would ruin it in two weeks. It would end up with some sort of roller coster, and then disney would buy it out.
No way man! We would liberate all those poor oppressed hotties in the bars and restaurants! We would spread democracy to the trails and stunts! Come on man, you've seen all the great things we're doing in Iraq. How could you not think we would make Whistler a better place! Or maybe you just totally missed the point of my post.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Echo said:
How could you not think we would make Whistler a better place!
liability law and health insurance? We'd kill it deader than dead:dead:

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
N8 said:
Yeah like Bosnia.
Yeah, sure would suck to have a successful invasion that actually removed a dictator from power and restored peace. Too bad Clinton was a terrible military president.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
N8 said:
I can't believe we wasted the resources to 'rescue' these nutjobs...

Shoulda left 'em for their gawd to get them out....
Erm, Wasn't it the SAS who actually rescued them?

Can't leave a serious operation to you trigger happy children...

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
HA on the news tonight the local Anchorman pointed out that aparently the canadians reported it as canadian troops
The Brits reported it as British troopers
and the Yanks reported it as american and british troops. :rolleyes: :rofl:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
DaveW said:
HA on the news tonight the local Anchorman pointed out that aparently the canadians reported it as canadian troops
The Brits reported it as British troopers
and the Yanks reported it as american and british troops. :rolleyes: :rofl:
I do know JTF2 went over to recover Canadian hostages, it was probably a combined op as this is exactly what JTF2 is used for.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
according to british media it was an SAS operation, but they probably arnt any better then US media when it comes to these thing.

*edit*hahaha, it appears they have changed there tune, now its british, american, iraqi, canadian and all other forces involved:rolleyes: