Quantcast

Hosting at GoDaddy?

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Anybody have any experience with hosting at GoDaddy? I've got a client that needs some hosting and GoDaddy looks pretty good for the price.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I've been reading quite a bit about GoDaddy and everyone seems satisfied with them. The only complaints I have read are that if you actually need to speak to a human being (i.e. you don't have enough experience to run things yourself), they are tough to get ahold of.

That could be a concern if your client isn't knowledgable about such things, especially if they don't have anyone they can turn to for questions.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
They are a really great service. Especially for the price. I used them for a couple of years and always got great service.

EDIT -- I only had to deal with customer service once, but their response was very quick and he left his direct number. I did have to fill out a form and message them first though.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I host three different sites with them. I've never had a problem getting real people for tech help. It did take three calls one time to get Outlook to download mail ( had to reset relays??) but I'm generally very satisfied.

geargrrl

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I used them for a client, and as mentioned, support sucked for some custom scripts i had running.

I have since moved all of my clients to liquidweb.com . Super happy with them, 24/7 support with real people who speak english. I have about 25 clients sites with them (including my own 3-4) and have never had an issue take longer than 2 hours to resolve...including in the middle of the night. Pretty happy with them.

Also, they have Cpanel which I absolutely love.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Transcend said:
Also, they have Cpanel which I absolutely love.
How much is the hosting there?

We have cPanel with ours but the service blows goats. Support is slow and/or totally un-responsive.

edit: n00b lookup - $14.99/mo

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
H8R said:
How much is the hosting there?

We have cPanel with ours but the service blows goats. Support is slow and/or totally un-responsive.

edit: n00b lookup - $14.99/mo
Ya, it is between 15-25 a month depending what sort of account you need. I have a few of each that i manage. I like having SSH access though, which you can only get with the 25 account. Also, they knock about $5 a month off if you pay for 6 months at a time. good deal.

I would go with a dedicated box, but i dont really want to have to deal with the hassles if anything goes wrong.