Quantcast

hosting deal alert

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
Hey web monkeys.

If this comes off as spam please feel free to delete it, but I figured that it would come in handy for some in the creative corner here.

Bluehost is offering $3.95 per month web hosting with a free domain name for the life of the account. Check it out here. When you get to the landing page just add promo to the end of the url and the page should refresh with the deal.

Again. This is sort of spam but might help some people out.

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
I should add that I am an affiliate through the company but unless you tell me the domain name that you have registered I will not make any money off this. I am not even supposed to have access to this offer but called and they made an exception. and because of the work around I don't get credit without emailing them to let them know. odd but true.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Bluehost regularly runs specials like this :monkey:

Beware if you try to push the absurd space/bandwidth they give you. Of course, they say unlimited but what they're really doing is highly over-subscribing their customers. If you start using lots of bandwidth or too much storage space, they'll shut you off - because naturally, they could lose money really quickly if their customers started taking advantage of the promised unlimited data transfer and unlimited storage space.

They also tend to have much higher downtimes than other hosts and nasty customer service. I dealt with them for a couple customers and when I had such a lousy experience, I started doing some searches and finding lots of customers with similar problems.

Not trying to rain on the parade, but what looks like a "deal" isn't always so great, and I don't want anyone else to get burned by them. I had a hard time getting a customer's money back, and after they locked the account I was never able to get the data back.

stringcheese

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Golden, CO
Bluehost regularly runs specials like this :monkey:

Beware if you try to push the absurd space/bandwidth they give you. Of course, they say unlimited but what they're really doing is highly over-subscribing their customers. If you start using lots of bandwidth or too much storage space, they'll shut you off - because naturally, they could lose money really quickly if their customers started taking advantage of the promised unlimited data transfer and unlimited storage space.

They also tend to have much higher downtimes than other hosts and nasty customer service. I dealt with them for a couple customers and when I had such a lousy experience, I started doing some searches and finding lots of customers with similar problems.

Not trying to rain on the parade, but what looks like a "deal" isn't always so great, and I don't want anyone else to get burned by them. I had a hard time getting a customer's money back, and after they locked the account I was never able to get the data back.

Thanks for the heads up

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
That sucks Bianary Visions. I wouldn't have posted that if I didn't believe in the service. I have been with them for over 5 years and not once has a bad experience. I also have only experienced down time once. Not to say that my site hasn't been down more and I just didn't see it. Then again I only have smaller traffic sites so maybe we are on different levels.

Honestly every company will have bad complaints against them, it is far easier to find a bad complaint than good praise. They are constantly in the top 5 rated hosting companies for customer service, up-time, and price.