Quantcast

hot or not?

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
I thought Fox had already tried this WBITD of the Van RC? Or maybe it was just a mod someone dreamed up. A couple of guys used it to improve gate starts on FS DS bikes.

Edit: Not hot.

Last edited:

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
i think its a good idea, but in theory probably open to litigation.
what happens if someone forgets to put back into plush mode does a jump and goes over the bars and breaks his neck....
I think thats a reason why inertia shocks are safer...
I had a lock out shock on my kona dawg and forgot to turn it a couple of times.....

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I think the Honda RN01 had one. I'd think that for a course like Canberra it could make the difference between winning and not. If I were designing it I'd want it to be something taht you have to hold down to keep it on.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I had an Intense Uzzi DH with an old school Stratos Helix Pro with lockout. Fully functional coil shock with a cable actuated lockout. It became rigid when turned on and I could climb a fireroad way easier.

But it SUCKED trying to break out a full speed sprint on a flat section of a DH. Try riding (back then it was 6") 8" of travel in the front at race speeds with a locked out rear. It jacks your pedaling position all up and you can't handle the bike for squat. Our races around here used to have flat or even uphills and I tried to lock out at each race on those sections. It was never faster than just maintaining your sprint and staying buried in the travel with your heart rate pegged.