Quantcast

hot sauce for canned chili

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I've started bringing canned chili to work for lunch (it's easy, it's healthy, etc.). I've found some pretty decent stuff, but most of it has virtually no spice.

So I'm looking for a good chili hot sauce. By most people's standards, I have a pretty decent tolerance for spice, so I can handle some hot. Anyone have any recommendations for a hot sauce I can just stir into my canned chili?

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
I've started bringing canned chili to work for lunch (it's easy, it's healthy, etc.). I've found some pretty decent stuff, but most of it has virtually no spice.

So I'm looking for a good chili hot sauce. By most people's standards, I have a pretty decent tolerance for spice, so I can handle some hot. Anyone have any recommendations for a hot sauce I can just stir into my canned chili?
try Harry's Habanero from http://www.boulderhotsauce.com/Categories.bok?category=Harry's+Habanero
Flavorful and hot but not so hot that you hate yourself the next day.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley

Cayenne. Doesn't alter the flavor, but adds heat. You could dice up some jalapeno's the night before and add them just prior to heating up the chili.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I made some chili once and used some Chipotle sauce that kicked butt. Added a nice heat with some smokiness.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Tobasco, garlic tobasco and Franks for chili. Tapatio for eggs and anything mexican. Yeah, besides the high sodium, chili is pretty much a perfect food. Fats, Protein, and carbs all in proper ratio. and so yummy.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
toss a chipotle pepper in the pot when you are making a batch of chili...seriously, chili's one of the easiest things in the world to make, and you can make a big batch which easily lasts a week in the fridge.