hot suace

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Oh good God.... I was thinking...Didnt we do this thread already once before

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2756110#post2756110

And damnit, It was my thread.... how the hell did I not catch that

+1! Sriracha is hot. But I have become one with it.
Sriracha hot? Seriously? Thats coolaid for some of the hotsauces I have/have had.

Gotta go for the stuff that you were two layers of rubber gloves because the gloves start melting while your cutting the peppers.......

Ghost Peppers for the Mutha Fuggin win

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO

Very good stuff! I have been using multiple kinds Sriacha for years. I use a good abount of it in my grilled wings that Jonkranked likes to hord.
This stuff in waaaayyy better than the sriacha squirt sauce::drool:

I probably have 15+ kinds of hot sauce in my fridge right now. I'm not a fan of the crazy burn the $hit out of your mouth stuff. Sriacha, regular Tabasco and franks extra hot are enough for me.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I put frank's on everything, it's pretty comical. It's got better depth of flavor than tabasco, but that's great on eggs and pizza too. I have a bunch of hot sauces in the fridge, prefer the vinegar based ones because most of the habanero/paste style sauces are extremely hot and don't spread well...ie better in chilis or soup than they would be on eggs or pizza or whatever.

One of my favorites is Grace hot sauce, as mentioned in the other thread. Lots of heat, reasonable flavor, and it's like a buck at most places. Cholulas another great one.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Throwing in my favorite hot sauce. Fairly spicy with a good taste. Some really spicy hot sauces taste like poo, this one is pretty good.

This stuff was ridiculous:thumb:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I don't trust hot sauce with do-dads attached. :monkey:
Not a hot sauce aficionado then...

hotsauceblog said:
Blair’s After Death is the quintessential hot sauce. Perfect heat blended with perfect taste. No true chili-head should be without this in their fridge. From the trademark skull to the contents inside this is truly a benchmark sauce.

Pure Death Sauce - I would highly recommend this sauce to any chilihead (new or old) and to the HSB regulars, I recommend you buy it by the case.
-Blair's Sudden Death Sauce won 2nd Place at the 2002 Chile Pepper Magazine Fiery Food Challenge.
-Blair's Original Death Sauce received the Golden Chili Award Best Overall Hot Sauce.

Extracts and extract based super heat products aren't that good though and I've never tried them myself:

hotsauceblog said:
I came to Blair’s Mega Death expecting fantastic heat and not much more, and I got what I expected. The heat was as advertised - intense. The flavor was, well, extract. I find the tomato based sauces offer more in the way of flavor, but the pure pepper base offers a more unadulterated heat. Not that I’ll be using it for a flavor enhancer, anyhow. It’s purely a capsaicin rush in a bottle.
There are a few Zakk/Blair collaboration sauces too, but I've never had them. My EE GERD prevents me from eating a lot of the foods I use to like including salsa and hot sauces -

http://extremefood.com/blairsblog/?p=233

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I put frank's on everything, it's pretty comical. It's got better depth of flavor than tabasco, but that's great on eggs and pizza too. I have a bunch of hot sauces in the fridge, prefer the vinegar based ones because most of the habanero/paste style sauces are extremely hot and don't spread well...ie better in chilis or soup than they would be on eggs or pizza or whatever.

One of my favorites is Grace hot sauce, as mentioned in the other thread. Lots of heat, reasonable flavor, and it's like a buck at most places. Cholulas another great one.
Franks is great.... one of the best hotwing Sauces out there... Nothing like frying up some wings, and doucing them with franks... Cant agree more with your comparission to tabasco, although the habenaro Tabasco is pretty good

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
This is far and away my favorite hot sauce. I kind of doubt it gets exported to the States, but they import it in Oz. Brought some home in December and it was a hit, even among my not-so-heat-accustomed family and friends. Bonus: it is lower on the preservatives than Sriracha's offerings (and the taste reflects that). Plenty hot, good garlic flavor, and a tiny bit sweet and sour.

A.K.A. "The thumb sauce"

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
My "everyday" hot sauce is Mother's Mountain "Habanero Heaven Deadly Pepper Sauce." Based in ME - good stuff!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
This is far and away my favorite hot sauce. I kind of doubt it gets exported to the States, but they import it in Oz. Brought some home in December and it was a hit, even among my not-so-heat-accustomed family and friends. Bonus: it is lower on the preservatives than Sriracha's offerings (and the taste reflects that). Plenty hot, good garlic flavor, and a tiny bit sweet and sour.

A.K.A. "The thumb sauce"

If there are any Asian markets in your area, you might be able to find it or something similar. They are usually tiny little stores off the beaten path and jam packed with weird things. Ask the clerk for a sambal, they are Thai chili condiments that are often heavy on the garlic.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
hahaha... Sometime shortly after that post, I upped my game to Habenero sauce. After burning off my face, the 'fire' involved blood, I **** you not. Apparently, I was reducing my small intestine into pulp with hot sauces. I've been put on a no spicy until green tabasco is hot for me again. I'm almost there...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
hahaha... Sometime shortly after that post, I upped my game to Habenero sauce. After burning off my face, the 'fire' involved blood, I **** you not. Apparently, I was reducing my small intestine into pulp with hot sauces. I've been put on a no spicy until green tabasco is hot for me again. I'm almost there...
You're white, aren't you? :D

When my GF (who's Vietnamese) and I were first dating, she went and made both of us sandwiches one day, then without really thinking about it put a whole bunch of Sriracha in 'em, then was really worried my honkey ass would think it was too hot. :rofl: