Quantcast

Hot to get DVD onto my iPod

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I want to put my hella greesy DVD onto my iPod and am having trouble figuring out how to save the DVD to my computer and then to the iPod, could some one please explain how to do this?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
You need to rip the dvd using something like dvd decrypter. You then need to re encrypt it in whatever the ipods native format and size it.

doom9.org may have good info. not sure if they cover Ipod rips at all.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Give me your ipod and i will put the video on it for you, but it takes 6 months to finish the download...

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
Look for a Dmuxing program. There are a few around that are free or of minimal cost. Basically you will dmux the dvd .vob files into .m2v ones and then you should be able to go from there. Granted I have never done it with an i-pod, but i have done this to re-edit footage.

stratguy1618

Monkey
Apr 18, 2004
for those lazy folks here it is too
OK I've had about 10 people asking me today about how to get the videos onto their new iPods so I decided Id make a tutorial for it!
OK first of all you need to know if you want to get the video from a DVD or if you have the video on your computer. If you are getting them from a DVD you need both programs this one to decrypt the DVDs RIGHT CLICK SAVE TARGET AS ON THE LINK
( http://fileforum.betanews.com/sendfile/1011845169/1/SetupDVDDecrypter_3.5.4.0.exe )
and to convert it to the right format you need this one ( http://www.hardtech.net/pspvideo/VideoraiPodConverter_Install.exe ) If you have the video on your computer start on step 7.

Okay now that you have the appropriate programs downloaded, heres the steps you must follow
Step 1

Place the DVD you want to rip your video from into your DVD drive.

Step 2

Launch DVD Decrypter.

Step 3

Go to the Mode menu and select IFO I mode. This will give you access to two new tabs; Input & Stream Processing.

Step 4

Go to the Tools menu, select Settings, go to the IFO tab, then under Options, change File Splitting to None and press OK.

Step 5

Go to the main screen and click the Stream Processing tab. Enable it and only select the first video listed. Note that home encoded movies do not support subtitles of any kind and that your file can only have one type of audio.

Step 6

Before you begin ripping your video, note the destination of the video file. This is where your raw DVD rip is going to go and it will be rather large in size. If you want to change the directory that DVD Decrypter will output to, click on the Browse button and navigate to the folder you want and press OK.

Now that you know where the movie file is going, click on the Decrypt button to start decrypting the DVD to your hard drive.

Once it is done, close DVD Decrypter. Expect a 4 GB to 6 GB movie to take about 12 to 18 minutes.

Step 7 (Step 1 of Video File to Device Conversion)

Click on Convert (1) and click Transcode New Video (2). Then locate the file that you ripped using DVD Decrypter previously and click Open (or locate the file on your computer you already have, like MPEG or AVI, etc).

Step 8 (Step 2 of Video File to Device Conversion)

Once video is loaded into the program, change the Title to what you want the video title to be (3) and then press Start to begin (4).

Step 9 (Step 3 of Video File to Device Conversion)

Once the transcode is complete, your video is ready to be moved to your device. The finished file will be located in the Output Videos to: folder specified in the Setup seciton. Simply copy the file using Windows Explorer to your device, or if your device is an iPod, import the video into iTunes.

If you got lost, follow the pictures exactly and everything will be fine and dandy!
Peace
Tommy

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
TheMontashu said:
All the links on google are eather for macs, or give me the first half of each chapter and want me to pay to get the rest on
I'm amazed that not only can't you do a simple Google search but that when when the results of a simple search are presented to you, you can't even read the results.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I did read the results, all the programs and istructions on there are eather programs for macs or progrms that you have to pay for to get the whole move on it.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
justsomeguy said:
Which part of "How-To: Convert a DVD for your iPod (with video) in Windows - Engadget" (link #8) are you struggling with?
why do you think i am telling him to give me his ipod?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
TheMontashu said:
I did read the results, all the programs and istructions on there are eather programs for macs or progrms that you have to pay for to get the whole move on it.
Are you retarded? Both myself and strat guy CLEARLY told you what programs to use. Hell, he OUTLINED THINGS IN RED, and gave you step by step instrcutions. Are you dense?

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
PQ DVD to Ipod converter will do it all for you, it's a sweet program.
Google it. It's like $35 to buy, but it can be had for free off of limewire...if you're into that type of thing. + it also converts lots of other types of videos to ipod format.