Quantcast

Hotel rooms and campgrounds for minors

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
Can you check in to a hotel or a campground if yoru a minor? In other words, do they check your id? I'm 16 and I can pay with a credit card (check card actually). My parents are letting me drive to races but my only problem is hotels and campgrounds. They say you need to be an adult to stay there or have one with you.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Depends. I've checked into a couple hotel rooms when I was 16 and 17. Some will tell you no, some yes. It always helps when you and your GF show up looking dead at 3 AM. Legally, I believe you are supposed to be 18.

When myself and Caitlin drove down to St. George in March for a weekend, all of the hotels had prominent signs that said you had to be 21 to book a room. First hotel we tried told us to go away (We're 18), but the second one didn't seem to have an issue. Must've been a local law relating to Utah's crazy spring break parties in SG :rolleyes:

In any case, it seems they're far more willing to let you stay if you can produce an actual credit (not debit) card for deposit reasons.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Depends on the hotel. When I went away to college, I tryed getting a hotel room and they wouldn't rent to us because we were under 19 or something stupid. I think the tool at the desk just eyed us up and got scared. Just travel with older people or stick to campgrounds. Most campgrounds are paybox anyways.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
If you've gotta stay in hotels and can't travel with someone older, just look all respectable like. That usually will do the trick. I remember travelling with my girlfriend when I was about 20 getting places to stay without a hassle.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
JRogers said:
If you've gotta stay in hotels and can't travel with someone older, just look all respectable like. That usually will do the trick. I remember travelling with my girlfriend when I was about 20 getting places to stay without a hassle.
Uhh, of course you can get a room at 20.

Just look good and if they ask just tell them your parents are out to eat and asked you to get the room.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Sherpa said:
Uhh, of course you can get a room at 20.

Just look good and if they ask just tell them your parents are out to eat and asked you to get the room.
My point was (I guess I should have made this clear) that I looked like I was about 17 (still do, kind of) and nobody asked questions when I thought they might have. Nobody but me knew how old I was.