Quantcast

House

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Anybody watch this show?

I'm not one for planning my life around TV shows in fact aside from Soprano's there hasn't been a show that I enjoyed enough to do so until I caught and episode of HOUSE.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Yep, every week! Good stuff. Last night was a little mushy, but Gregory House is da man!!
yeah true. I totally hate the new owner of the hospital.
Great speech too!!

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Nope. Scrubs and The Office for me in that timeslot. From the previews, House sounded like a supercilious ****. Maybe the character isn't as annoying as they made him seem, but it turned me off.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Well the commercials look good, but I can not give the TV a full hour of uninterrupted attention. Usually the TV is just background noise in our house.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I rarely watch TV, but have seen a couple episodes of it when the wife had it on during dinner. You know what that House guy reminds me of? A ripoff of the crass, smart-a$$ed head docter guy on Scrubs. I originally enjoyed Scrubs because of that dry SOB, but this House guy seems like the same dude...just with a cane.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Well the commercials look good, but I can not give the TV a full hour of uninterrupted attention. Usually the TV is just background noise in our house.
I would like to study the use of TV as background "noise".

Many house holds put it on while eating dinner. I know at my house when I'm working on bikes I'll throw the news or something I don't have to pay attention to on.
If nobody is around and I'm doing stuff around the house I'll throw it on as a companion almost.... weird...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
llkoolkeg said:
I rarely watch TV, but have seen a couple episodes of it when the wife had it on during dinner. You know what that House guy reminds me of? A ripoff of the crass, smart-a$$ed head docter guy on Scrubs. I originally enjoyed Scrubs because of that dry SOB, but this House guy seems like the same dude...just with a cane.
True and I too came to that conclusion in my head as well. However I do feel there are some differences. It's funny how similar they look as well.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Dunno if y'all noticed.........or geek enough to care like me, but it's exec. produced by Bryan Singer---director of "Usual Suspects" both "X-Men" movies and the new "Superman" flick coming out next year. HUgh Laurie was originally cast as Perry White in the "Supes" movie, but dropped out for the main role in this show. I like this show a lot. He's an observant guy....I enjoy how he kinda sends everyone off to come up with a diagnosis that he's already figured out. Classic!

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
stosh said:
True and I too came to that conclusion in my head as well. However I do feel there are some differences. It's funny how similar they look as well.
Those network pukes are in a perpetual 69 of tossed salad. They should all just work in the same building so when one comes up with an idea, the others can get right to work on plagarizing it with no delays or pretense of originality.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
llkoolkeg said:
Those network pukes are in a perpetual 69 of tossed salad. They should all just work in the same building so when one comes up with an idea, the others can get right to work on plagarizing it with no delays or pretense of originality.
Well I watch it for House's humor. The main reason I ever watched scrubs was for the head DR's humor.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
stosh said:
Well I watch it for House's humor. The main reason I ever watched scrubs was for the head DR's humor.
I must admit that it is encouraging to see my brand of humor gaining some begrudging popularity. Sometimes being a curt, blunt a$$hole is the only way to cut through the B.S. and get things done.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
llkoolkeg said:
I must admit that it is encouraging to see my brand of humor gaining some begrudging popularity. Sometimes being a curt, blunt a$$hole is the only way to cut through the B.S. and get things done.
I'll have you know in reality I'm far less of a bumbling idiot that I play on RM. I'm always getting myself in trouble for being to blunt and sarcastic.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
llkoolkeg said:
<snip> A ripoff of the crass, smart-a$$ed head docter guy on Scrubs. I originally enjoyed Scrubs because of that dry SOB, but this House guy seems like the same dude...just with a cane.
Haven't watched Scrubs in a couple years - has it gone downhill? It *was* a really funny show back when......

-S.S.-