Quantcast

Houseman's Yeti @ Mt Snow

renegade999

Monkey
Jan 6, 2005
Did anyone see what was wrong with Houseman's bike when he came thru the finish?

The announcer said flat tire, but there was no flat. Looked to me like something collapsed because the shock was fully extended and the rear wheel was buzzing the saddle.

Anyone see it too?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
renegade999 said:
Did anyone see what was wrong with Houseman's bike when he came thru the finish?

The announcer said flat tire, but there was no flat. Looked to me like something collapsed because the shock was fully extended and the rear wheel was buzzing the saddle.

Anyone see it too?
what does it matter? You ever see how that big dude takes the Ledges section? Like he's got a motor...if something broke, him, Rennie and Kovarik are about the only guys capable of generating enough force to do it....

renegade999

Monkey
Jan 6, 2005
Yes, yes quiksilver. A keen eye you have. No doubt the result of many a day hunting for lines in the rock strewn trails at Diablo Freeride Park.

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
quiksilver said:
It appeared as though something broke on his sliding thing... the shock was not compressed at all, yet the rear tire was buzzing the seat.
nope...it was spring collar on his shock..the spring was then hitting the frame to compress well after the seat was hitting the tire...carry on ppl

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
dexter said:
yep the rail snapped

definitely not...that thing is half inch thick solid hardened steel...you show me how to even bend that thing and ill give you my bike. please refrain from commenting until your proctologist dislodges your head from its resting place...thanks

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
v10"o-PlEaSuRe said:
nope...it was spring collar on his shock..the spring was then hitting the frame to compress well after the seat was hitting the tire...carry on ppl
Mike, were you chillin at the FOX tent like the whole weekend? I was the kid on Straits bike (or my black DNA) who had his lowers/rebound swapped. I was gunna say hi to you after talking to you so much on AIM but i wasnt sure if it was you...

renegade999

Monkey
Jan 6, 2005
Only a spring collar. Thats great news. Big House is one of my favorites. Was sad to see his bike crippled at the finish.

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
Red Bull said:
Mike, were you chillin at the FOX tent like the whole weekend? I was the kid on Straits bike (or my black DNA) who had his lowers/rebound swapped. I was gunna say hi to you after talking to you so much on AIM but i wasnt sure if it was you...
yup..that was me...didnt know that u got straights bike tho...shoulda kept the old school lowers...oh well

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
I've never heard on one of those letting go. He must have given the shock a thoroughly stiff bottom-out to have that happen to him. Sucks.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
v10"o-PlEaSuRe said:
yup..that was me...didnt know that u got straights bike tho...shoulda kept the old school lowers...oh well
I know, I know. I needed my DHX worked on so i wasnt gunna complain. And he tuned them both better for me so even if the protos were better, they are now working better for me...

Next time i might actually say Hi.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
v10"o-PlEaSuRe said:
definitely not...that thing is half inch thick solid hardened steel...you show me how to even bend that thing and ill give you my bike. please refrain from commenting until your proctologist dislodges your head from its resting place...thanks
I GUARANTEE you i could bend that rail.