Quantcast

Houston Monkeys - Get the hell out

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
didn't they move all the people from New ORleans to Houston, and now they are going to have to move em all again including native Houstonians? Damned Mother Nature is one mean and nasty woman.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
didn't they move all the people from New ORleans to Houston, and now they are going to have to move em all again including native Houstonians? Damned Mother Nature is one mean and nasty woman.

but who pissed her so much, she destroted NO to get him, but somehow he escaped to Houston......so now we have her try#2

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
MMcG said:
didn't they move all the people from New Orleans to Houston, and now they are going to have to move em all again including native Houstonians? Damned Mother Nature is one mean and nasty woman.

We had to get the 'refugees' out of the state somehow. Thanks, Arkansas.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
You lame brains... Bush controls the weather. He hates NO's poor so much that when some escaped to Huston unscathed; he's going after them there too!

:rolleyes:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
MMcG said:
the people in the shelters are getting moved into 'other' shelters little north of town.
There is NO gas around the innerloop. It took me 5 gas stations before i found some.
People in the office are running around all like ‘rrrrr were going to die were going to die!!!!’
Were in the process of backing up all computers AND battening down the hatches. We have to secure all loose paper and things.
black X's = out of gas
yellow X's = just about out

Attachments

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
The Toninator said:
the people in the shelters are getting moved into 'other' shelters little north of town.
There is NO gas around the innerloop. It took me 5 gas stations before i found some.
People in the office are running around all like ‘rrrrr were going to die were going to die!!!!’
Were in the process of backing up all computers AND battening down the hatches. We have to secure all loose paper and things.
black X's = out of gas
yellow X's = just about out
Then...

Put the bikes on the car, load up the loved ones and drive north bro.

Good luck!!

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
rooftest said:
Here's a link to the suggested evacuation area-

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/dem/Hurricanemaps/GalvestonStudyAreaMap.pdf

If you're north of Houston, or even most of the city center looks clear. I've decided my offices in Pearland (20 miles South) will be ok.
Do you have Hurricane Shutters? That is one thing I always see missing from the neighborhoods of other Coastal communities. If you drive around South Florida just prior or after a Hurricane warning Id say 75% of the homes are protected with some kind of Hurricane Shutters or a at a minimum boarded windows. I live ~ 7 miles from the coast and I have 4grand worth of Hurricane shutters. Am I just not seeing them in other coastal areas of the country?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
N8 said:
:eek:

The storm is now a CAT 5!!!
When did that happen?

It was 150mph winds like 10 minutes ago.

155+ = cat 5.

HOLY CRAP GET THE F*CK OUTTA THE WAY!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wtnt63 Knhc 211955
Tcuat3
Hurricane Rita Tropical Cyclone Update
Nws Tpc/national Hurricane Center Miami Fl
255 Pm Cdt Wed Sep 21 2005

Data From Reconnaissance Aircraft Indicate That Rita Has Reached
Category Five Intensity With Estimated Maximum Sustained Surface
Winds Of 165 Mph. This Will Be Reflected In The 4 Pm Cdt Advisory.

Forecaster Avila

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Man nothing like this ever happens in Seattle... I need to move to a more exciting locale.

Good luck Tejas Monkeys!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Tenchiro said:
Man nothing like this ever happens in Seattle... I need to move to a more exciting locale.

Good luck Tejas Monkeys!
But when one of the volcanoes let loose it will be much cooler than a regular ol' storm.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Westy said:
But when one of the volcanoes let loose it will be much cooler than a regular ol' storm.
Yeah I am waiting for the day that Mt. Rainier decides to go.

/3rd most dangerous volcano in the US.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
"Officials at the South Texas Project nuclear plant in Bay City, Texas, are preparing to shut the facility down before Rita arrives, a spokesman said.

The plant, which powers 1 million customers, is built on elevated ground 12 miles inland from the Texas coast to withstand storm surges from Category 5 hurricanes. In addition, the two reactor containment buildings are strong enough to withstand a Category 5 storm or a direct impact of a Boeing 767."

At least someone was thinking in advance.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
golgiaparatus said:
d a Category 5 storm or a direct impact of a Boeing 767."
What about a Cat 5 flinging a 767 into the reactor?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stoney98 said:
same primary fault system. When it lets go, the west coast will be *Hatin' it!*
The "big one" is going to make NOLA look like Disney World. Good thing we don't have many large population centers near major fault systems. :think:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Westy said:
The "big one" is going to make NOLA look like Disney World. Good thing we don't have many large population centers near major fault systems. :think:
If by "we don't have many large population centers near major fault systems" you mean, "we have many large population centers right on top of major fault systems", then yes that is true.