Quantcast

How about a ride reports forum?

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
I enjoy reading through ride reports and photos ala skooks,splat, toninator,heidi and recent one by trainwreck but they always get lost so fast in the nonsense that goes on in the main forum. What do you think about having a forum dedicated to these. In the titles of the threads people could post state, city and trail(if not secret) and then people can go back and look at them anytime. Skookes and others had some really great ones that I wanted to go back and check out but good luck finding them. There were a few from overseas that were really great too.

It might also encourageothers to bring a camera along and show us where they ride.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Sure, but why not just have a place where they all are. I think it would be a great draw to the site.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
BuddhaRoadkill said:
Great Idea!! As long as it doesn't get diluted like the "Passion" forum of MTBR. :think: Then the lounge really would be worthless, no? :p
Yah it's all in the naming, it wouldn't work unless it had the right name. Passion..... meh, what a shmoozy kinda name.....

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
It's a great idea... but I'd want the mods to be RUTHLESS about deleting the type of crap that is the lounge. Keep it to ride reports and comments about that ride/location.

Then we can re-name the Lounge to "kindergarten"... so that the name reflects the mentality.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
I agree with everything said and I volunteer for mod. I would delete stuff at the drop of a hat and ban anyone that even looked at me funny.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Great idea, thanks Bah and RM. Maybe I'll be a little more inclined to stop and take pictures. In a few years when my knees are creaky piles of bone dust I'll really apreciate it.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Westy said:
Great idea, thanks Bah and RM. Maybe I'll be a little more inclined to stop and take pictures. In a few years when my knees are creaky piles of bone dust I'll really appreciate it.
Jeez, that's like next week for me.

Yes, thanks for the forum! Let the onslaught begin...:thumb:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
the location of that forum on the page is totally throwing me off. i was like "...uh...where'd all the DH threads go?"