Quantcast

How About them Steelers

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Yeah and missing field goals too. The refs definitely got some help from the Seahawks. But that had to be in the top 3 most one-sided officiated games all time.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
MancilG said:
Let me guess. All you haters thing that it wasn't pass interference.

Or you don't think Ben Scored.... Well he did....

So stop hating and deal with the fact the steelers are the best team in football this year
He didn't score. The only people who think the ball crossed the plane are wearing Bettis jerseys dancing around like idiots today. People with eyes and brains know he didn't score.

And it wasn't offensive pass interferece, if they are gonna call crap like that they could blow the whistle on every play.

And Hasselbeck getting called for an ILLEGAL BLOCK when he was making a TACKLE. Did those refs even know the rules?

And the holding penalty that brought back the 40 yard pass to the 2 yard line. You know damn well there was no holding there. There was another bogus holding call on a long Seattle play too.

Face it, the Steelers were handed the game. Nothing anyone can do about it, so enjoy your moment of crowing like you had something to do with it.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Echo said:
He didn't score. The only people who think the ball crossed the plane are wearing Bettis jerseys dancing around like idiots today. People with eyes and brains know he didn't score.

And it wasn't offensive pass interferece, if they are gonna call crap like that they could blow the whistle on every play.

And Hasselbeck getting called for an ILLEGAL BLOCK when he was making a TACKLE. Did those refs even know the rules?

And the holding penalty that brought back the 40 yard pass to the 2 yard line. You know damn well there was no holding there. There was another bogus holding call on a long Seattle play too.

Face it, the Steelers were handed the game. Nothing anyone can do about it, so enjoy your moment of crowing like you had something to do with it.
no no no .. the steelers played an amazing game and deserved their victory :rolleyes:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
hooples3 said:
no no no .. the steelers played an amazing game and deserved their victory :rolleyes:
It's hilarious how the media is kissing Cowher's nutsack all over the place. His team played like crap and he was handed the game by weak officiating and missed field goals by Seattle, and they've pretty much already got him voted into the Hall of Fame.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Echo said:
It's hilarious how the media is kissing Cowher's nutsack all over the place. His team played like crap and he was handed the game by weak officiating and missed field goals by Seattle, and they've pretty much already got him voted into the Hall of Fame.
yeah I know.. whatever.. they played a half-ass game and wound up on top due to a few "gimmeess"" i could care less about either team but to see all the pitt fans going crazy like they played sooo well is a bit much.. they won.. blah blah blah.. just like their performance :)

J

JRB

How did McEnroe end up??? Did he even make the quarterfinals???

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Echo said:

It seems to me that you do not know the rules of the game. I'm not saying that I know them all but I do know that you CAN NOT push off of a player to try and catch the ball.
Ben's call was close but all the ball has to do is break the plan of that 5 in white line. From the replay the tip of the ball was covered up thus not showing enough evidence to overturn the ruling.

now the low block I do think was a bad call

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
MancilG said:
It seems to me that you do not know the rules of the game. I'm not saying that I know them all but I do know that you CAN NOT push off of a player to try and catch the ball.
Ben's call was close but all the ball has to do is break the plan of that 5 in white line. From the replay the tip of the ball was covered up thus not showing enough evidence to overturn the ruling.

now the low block I do think was a bad call
if you watch football regularly that "push-off" call was a joke... harder shoves are done throughout the year with no calls. techinically it was a push -off but it was a pansie, BS , "gimmee" call..

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Echo said:

I'm a Steeler and I'm glad they won but if you weren't a fan of either team, I think that would have been a tough game to watch.

Not the best officiating I've seen for sure but I can see why the called some the way they did. The pass interference wouldn't have been called if it didn't happen right in front of the official. In the playoffs and Superbowl though, I say let them play unless it is blatant. The block/tackle thing was definitely a miss. The holding I thought was also a miss but it looked a lot like the earlier call of holding when someone collared Hagans. I don't know what official threw the flag but if he was screened out of the play a little I can see why it was called and if holding was reviewable, it would have been overturned.

The touchdown though, I think Ben was in. As long as the point of the ball breaks the front edge of the white line, he is in. I think it did break the plane and since it was called a TD on the field, there was no way it was going to be reversed.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
What about calling time out after the play clock expired? Should have been a five yard penalty. Oh well, I guess it was close enough. :angry:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Echo said:

The Steelers were not "handed" the game. The Seahawks couldn't finish on offense. The officiating didn't hand them the game any more than their not scoring on two field goals, not converting in key situations and Stevens dropping 4 or so catchable passes. The penalties helped but did not break the game. A 75 yard run, a conversion with 28 yards to go and a key interception didn't have anything to do with the officials.

I admit that the block below the waist penalty was totally bogus (not that it changed the flow of the game that much, though) and the push off call was probably not warranted. Didn't see the holding call.

Also, Roethlisberger was definitely in on that dive. Watch it again. All that has to happen is any part of the ball has to cross any part of the plane at any point. Yes, when he was on the ground and down, the ball was totally out of the zone, but in midair, it crossed. At the very least, you have to admit that it is likely that it crossed but you can't tell because his arms are obscuring the ball.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
JRogers said:
Also, Roethlisberger was definitely in on that dive. Watch it again. All that has to happen is any part of the ball has to cross any part of the plane at any point. Yes, when he was on the ground and down, the ball was totally out of the zone, but in midair, it crossed. At the very least, you have to admit that it is likely that it crossed but you can't tell because his arms are obscuring the ball.
No it didn't. He was stopped. On the field it would be a tough call...via replay it was obvious he was stopped...and it didn't break the imaginary virtical plane. It was a close one but he didn't make it.

As far as the TD stolen from the seahawks for "pushing off" they were both bouncing off each other and the Steeler got played. There was no pushing, good acting on the steelers part.

Rhino

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
chicodude said:
Anyone notice the ref didn't through the flag on the push off until the steelers player bitched about it?
Moreso that it was thrown AFTER Jackson was BACK ON HIS FEET and holding the ball in the air. I can see if he catches it, and is just getting up, but he was celebrating in the endzone for a good 3 seconds before the flag came out.

Hahahaha...i love that pic!!

Definitly a one sided game as far the officiating. The Hawks made few critical errors on their own too, but I feel they still played a better game, and had an honsest shot at a win with all things equal.
And I'm tired of hearing about 2 missed FG's....c'mon, 53 and 50 yards?? not exactly a chip shot!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I am not mad at the Steelers.

They are the champs.

I am not happy with the ref's. They took away any fair shot at Seattle beating the Pitts. You can't fight back against BS ref'ing

JermeyR, :D If you watched the game you would know that shot is bogus....he crawled for that one. lol. :thumb: