Quantcast

How are kids this dumb(story about and how bad our schools in CA are)

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
So I am sitting in glass shop today doing my US history home work that was due the next period. A girl asks if she can see something real quick, and takes the book to look somthing up. She starts thumbing through the book looking for something, goes to the index and looks through there before asking me, "Where are the 10 comandments." At this point I'm thinking to myself, "you mean 10 amendments." I asked her if she that is what she is thinking of, she tells me that she is sure she learned about the 10 comandments that day and not the 10 amendments. I tell her that they are not aloud to teach religion in schools at this point in time and that it would have been the Bill Of Rights she was looking for. She goes on to insist that she was learning about then 10 comandments even after I show her were the Constitution is in the book.
How has our education system in this state goten so bad where a junior in high school does not know what the 10 Fing amendments are, and thinks the bible and constitution are the same thing?

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
was she hot?

as a graduate of the public school system I can say the whole thing is a joke, what gets taught is for the most part useless, and what you dont know upon graduating could fill a small country. I can honestly see why people with even some Post -secondary education lead more sucessful lives than people who take their grade 12 and say "that was so ****ing pontless im never doing that again"
what I have learned in one year of post secondary will be infinatly more valuable to me than the 12 years of drugery I was put through.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I don't think the school system can be blamed for this though. Growing up in the Bronx, I remember a girl could not point to California on a map of the US. I even remember a CBS show at the same time about California which used the state outline on its logo.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
TheMontashu said:
How has our education system in this state goten so bad where a junior in high school does not know what the 10 Fing amendments are
dude, there are in fact 25 "Fing amendments" as you so eliquently put it.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
My math classes and language classes are excellent. My history class is a total joke, and its supposed to be AP. My private school education was for the most part about the same, except for history.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Like anything in life, you get out it what you put into it. I strongly believe that you could get a decent education from a public school. Although, I believe that a high school education is not enough to get through life--these days. High school should just be a step towards college...

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
TheMontashu said:
I tell her that they are not aloud to teach religion in schools at this point in time and that it would have been the Bill Of Rights she was looking for. She goes on to insist that she was learning about then 10 comandments even after I show her were the Constitution is in the book.
How has our education system in this state goten so bad where a junior in high school does not know what the 10 Fing amendments are, and thinks the bible and constitution are the same thing?

seriously...how has it gotten this bad...two spelling mistakes...fine...can write those off...
BUT ALOUD????

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Well... I am at boarding school, and I can tell you now, in my old school, I wasn't the smartest, but since I have been here, I can tell I have far surpassed the kids I went to school with. It's funny everyone from home makes fun of me. "Oh, you go to boarding school, that sucks!" I will probley do things in my life they will never do. I still get to have fun though, parties on the weekends, riding my bike, meet non-whorish girls, and get a good education. There are sometimes I would rather be home, BUT at least I am doing something with my life, and getting an early start at it.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Why do those kids selling themselves as smarter than the dumbasses come over so stupid in this thread?

Keep up the good work guys.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
fluff said:
Why do those kids selling themselves as smarter than the dumbasses come over so stupid in this thread?
I don't think it's a matter of 'coming over' as stupid.