Quantcast

How are you?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
How are all of you guys doing? New job, home ownership and life has me pretty busy, so I haven't made it on here much at all the last year.

Just started building my dh bike up again after it sat for 2 years after going to Whistler since I broke my all mountain frame. Lots of new goodies on the dh and a new paint job. Should have it complete this next weekend. Stoked.

Hope everyone is still alive.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
To be honest, I'm a little down.
JimmyDean's sent another 'vette to the scrap pile, my kids are a pain in the ass and my wife's kinda of bitchy lately.
Thanks for asking, it means a lot.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Obama is depressing me along with Biden. Its colder than a witch's cunt here in Phoenix, which means my right hand doesn't want to go for a ride. And my phone tried its hand at drinking this weekend, which didn't work out well.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
How are all of you guys doing? New job, home ownership and life has me pretty busy, so I haven't made it on here much at all the last year.

Just started building my dh bike up again after it sat for 2 years after going to Whistler since I broke my all mountain frame. Lots of new goodies on the dh and a new paint job. Should have it complete this next weekend. Stoked.

Hope everyone is still alive.
I have suddenly developed a taste for cheap beer instead of of fancy high octane bombers. It's like I'm regressing back to a college student, but I don't care, it's cheaper.

Bought the wife and I dirt bikes... where's yours?? :D

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Drug Free Drugs are over. No liquor or flammables or sniffers. Nadda. Collage or College one of the two began yesterday. Very nice yet spelling isn't going as well as I hope. Also sleeping alone, not easy. I' did more road action then ever necessary alone friendless and lost on drugs gone from anybody who cares. I extract myself from that thing they call reality and find my own reality. Really lost it, quickly regained sanity.

Last edited:

rav400

Monkey
Aug 31, 2009
The Right Coast
Wife and I bought our first house. About an hour south east of the city where my parents live. I need to find a good spot to build some trails.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
The wife and I had a boy, and I took a position on a construction job in Dakar for the next few months. Maybe I'll be able to afford some real estate and a carbon trail bike.

Look out, there are llamas, er, automobiles.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Bacon.

Still in Santa Cruz. Have not been hit by anymore cars thankfully. Current job is doing QA Testing and Support for Dell (who bought Wyse, the company I was previously working at). Still working on our mobile applications (PocketCloud Remote Desktop and PocketCloud Explore) for Android and iOS.

Just about finished with our complete kitchen remodel, more progress has been made since the 'after' photo, but you get the idea.

Before:

After:

Brian, no dirt bikes yet. Working on replacing some appliances (Washer, Dryer and fridge) and then my broken all mountain bike.

Dan-o, things will get better. Keep your head up bud.

DirtMcGirk, good to see not much has changed. =]

eric strt6, what company is that? I work right off of Montague / 880 now.

CJB, nice man. Always good to hear. I need to get a new all mountain bike and get on that.

JAB, awesome. Enjoying the change?

PSP, college*. And um, good to hear you made it out of that? Not what I expected to hear from you.

DaveW, holy **** thats awesome man. Congrats. I am sure the time will come to get more riding in.

rav400, congrats! It is awesome owning a home. Expensive, frustrating and crazy at times, but worth it.

Da Peach, congrats man!

stoney, wow quite the life change. Congrats man.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Nice job on the kitchen not the usual US look. Any windows in the kitchen?
Thanks man. Doing it on a REAL budget too. There is 1 window above the sink and a sliding glass door to the left of the plant.

LOL, I was just posting random BS.
Life is awesome and it looks like you're keeping busy.
What are you replacing the snapped frame with?
My RM sarcasm reading is weak now. Give me a little time to get back up to speed. Glad things are good haha.

Looking at some kind of specialized bike or a Intense Carbine.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Looks good Josh. When you buy appliances, get a standard washer and dryer. The cost/benefit of the high efficiency ones is not flattened out for almost 10 years, and they have an expected life of around 7-9. Also shoot me an email before you buy anything. Having recently bought a w/d and dish washer, I have a few tricks to save a lot of cash. The combined retail on ours was somewhere around $2400 and we walked away near $1650.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Regarding dish washer get one that is quite. If you want to go slick ours has the same panels as the rest of the kitchen so you don't even see it.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Looks good Josh. When you buy appliances, get a standard washer and dryer. The cost/benefit of the high efficiency ones is not flattened out for almost 10 years, and they have an expected life of around 7-9. Also shoot me an email before you buy anything. Having recently bought a w/d and dish washer, I have a few tricks to save a lot of cash. The combined retail on ours was somewhere around $2400 and we walked away near $1650.
Good to know. Curious how you managed that? That is a hell of a deal. We were just going to buy some from a local refurb warehouse for cheap and if they break, our home warranty should cover it.

Regarding dish washer get one that is quite. If you want to go slick ours has the same panels as the rest of the kitchen so you don't even see it.
I've got a dish washer already (got it right after we bought the house). We went maytag. Very happy with it. Hidden controls, stainless, sanitizes stuff too (perfect for home brew bottle recycling). Looking for clothing washing machine and dryer.

Curious if I should keep it all electric or go gas for the dryer though.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Getting happier every day :) Have been skiing more this year than since I got knocked up, which rules. Haven't been riding my bike much, but have plans to remedy that by spring.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Good to know. Curious how you managed that? That is a hell of a deal. We were just going to buy some from a local refurb warehouse for cheap and if they break, our home warranty should cover it.

I've got a dish washer already (got it right after we bought the house). We went maytag. Very happy with it. Hidden controls, stainless, sanitizes stuff too (perfect for home brew bottle recycling). Looking for clothing washing machine and dryer.

Curious if I should keep it all electric or go gas for the dryer though.
Having gone electric, I wish I had converted to gas. Cheaper, more efficient to go gas.

As for saving cash, look at Maytag' s outlet, same with Sears. We got our washer and dryer as prior year models. The washer from home depot, dryer from Maytag. We got a mis-matched set :grey and white, as it was $90 cheaper to do that. I searched www.fatwallet.com for a discount code for the outlets. With the purchase from HD, I bought a gift card from www.plasticjungle.com for a discounted rate, then go through fatwallet again for the cashback from that site. You can also use Honey if you download the app onto Chrome. That will automatically screen for coupons that you might have missed.

If you go to Sears directly, see about negotiating the price. They have dedicated appliance sales people, so you shocked be able to negotiate some. Just make sure that you know how much cash back % you can get from FW, and the value of any coupons. There is no point negotiating if they can't get close to what you do yourself.

If you, or any others here, decide to sign-up for fat wallet, do me a favor and do so as a referral. Reference my email of: stoney 98 at (Google email) dot com. We use them for just about everything we buy online, and have gotten just shy of $600 back in a few years. Free money is the best kind.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Quit my job, moved to the carribean.
Surfing every day.

**** yeah...
how does one go about getting a job with your previous employer.....months off at a time sounds interesting.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
how does one go about getting a job with your previous employer.....months off at a time sounds interesting.
Well I dont think theyll hire anyone from outside of Holland, but the artificiall grass market in the US is booming at the moment from what Ive heard. Astro turf is one of the biggest companies in the world and its based in the US...
Not sure if they work the same as my previous employer (Desso Sports Systems), because most of my projects were in Scandinavia where you can only work 8 months a year due to the weather.

Anyway, I figured 4 months wasnt enough this year so I quit and left for the caribean. I might get another job in a similar company when i get back. If I go back :D

Edit:
As much as I love surfing, I allready miss the mountains.
Anyone have a job for me in Whistler in a few months let me know ;)

Last edited: