Quantcast

how bad for you is Taco Bell?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Cutting out fast food has been pretty easy... but I really like Taco Bell tacos - any idea how bad for me they are? I get the same thing every time - 2 regular soft tacos with just meat and cheese - no beans, sour cream, etc. etc... just whatever that seasoned ground beef looking stuff is, cheese, and their fire sauce.

So, waddya think?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Id be curious as to what some people know as well. I am a fan of the Chix soft taco when I need something fast.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Doesn't taco bell have a link on thier site to nutrional content? If they don't then you have to wonder why not?...D

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
170 calories and 4.5 grams of fat doesnt sound deathly or anything.
that's not what i'm getting...

Regular Style Chicken Ranchero Taco
Cheddar Cheese, Chicken, Fiesta Salsa, Lettuce, Spicy Avocado Dressing, Tortilla

Calories: 270
Total Fat: 14

and i usually get 2... :dead:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
BMXman said:
cool, thanks.

so, 1 regular soft taco with seasoned beef, cheese, and fire sauce:

210 calories
10g fat
4g sat fat
25mg cholesterol
710mg sodium
22g carbs
1g fiber
10g protein

so, that's one taco, multiply it all by 2 for a "meal" and it's eh... lots of fat, but good protein and reasonable carbs. So all in all, not toooo awfully bad.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
jacksonpt said:
cool, thanks.

210 calories
10g fat
4g sat fat
25mg cholesterol
710mg sodium
22g carbs
1g fiber
10g protein

so, that's one taco, multiply it all by 2 for a "meal" and it's eh... lots of fat, but good protein and reasonable carbs. So all in all, not toooo awfully bad.
beep beep beep

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
jacksonpt said:
cool, thanks.

210 calories
10g fat
4g sat fat
25mg cholesterol
710mg sodium
22g carbs
1g fiber
10g protein

ok now think about all the things that are in the food that you don't know about...preservatives, artificial ingredients, and genetically modified food......now a days I'm more concerned about the quality of my food and where it comes from...D

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
We live across the street from a Taco Bell. It's the most generic mexican food you can get in southern california. I can see it being great in parts where "mexicans" are only seen on TV but I'll take the real stuff if possible. I dunno about you guys but since when does sour cream and guac come out of a bathroom caulking dispensor?

You'd think it was good for you, with lettuce, cheese, veggies etc....but once you think about it.......the low grade of meat, and the shells/tortillas it kills you. If I eat there I try to get something with steak or chicken as it's a meat I know came from a cow or chicken rather than their seasoned hamburger meat which is sort of a mystery to most.

Weight watchers really shows how sucky some items on their menu can be. Say you get 25 points a day, a bean and cheese burrito is 9 points. Just one burrito. Taco frescos (tacos without the cheese, but replaced with salsa) is 3-4 points each. So that's not that bad. I want to say tostada's were the best thing on the menu for you (according to Weight Watchers)

But if you're going to fast food why try to eat super healthy and such? It's fast food for a reason, goes in fast, comes out fast :) I use to eat Taco Bell 3-5 times a week, now we're down to 1-3 times a month maybe. Sometimes it's just better than a cheese burger and friends or what not.

spam16v

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
Buffalo, NY
taco bell is one of the better fast food joints b.c they have to drain most of the crap out of the meat or it just makes a mess.... by no means healthy but... what can ya do?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I say enjoy the taco bell, especially their baja sauce. At least you can get some beans in your meal, unlike other places. Just limit your intake of the scary beef and I think you'll live a nice long time :thumb: