Quantcast

How bored are you at work today?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Well done, Echo!!

I've got tons of work to do, but I can not proceed until a developer finishes with some programming changes I need done. So I sit and wait.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i actually have my hands full, so life is good: office is empty today, but we have a brand-spankin' new exchange server (that no one is relying on yet, so little pressure). said exchange server wasn't receiving email this morning :eek: so i actually had a project :D

and 84 seconds, whoa

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
i'm bored everyday.

today I'm leaving early because we have friends in from the east coast. so it's not too bad. I am hung over though....

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Originally posted by pnj
i'm bored everyday.

today I'm leaving early because we have friends in from the east coast. so it's not too bad. I am hung over though....
I feel like I work at Xerox!

If they could only kick me out of that hell hole! :devil:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by pnj
i'm bored everyday.

Nothin worse than being hung over at work...I'll probably be hung over next Wednesday...going to a concert...I'm considering being designated driver so I'm not tempted to get phucked up and feel like crap all day Wednesday...

and I'm bored today and every day as well...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I should have played hooky today to go get my 7" travel frame and get all the parts swapped over to it while I await my DC fork that is on the way! :devil: :D

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Sigh - I am in no attitude to work. I just want to leave. Little thing called "short timers attitude".:p

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Originally posted by MMcG
I should have played hooky today to go get my 7" travel frame and get all the parts swapped over to it while I await my DC fork that is on the way! :devil: :D
e-mail sent.... :mad:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Originally posted by dh girlie
Nothin worse than being hung over at work...I'll probably be hung over next Wednesday...going to a concert...I'm considering being designated driver so I'm not tempted to get phucked up and feel like crap all day Wednesday...
I had to deal with that yesterday. Played at a bar on Tuesday with an über guitarist (I say that because he had a loop station and was covering 3 parts all by himself). Some ass out in the audiance thought it would be funny to send us 2 shots a piece every few songs... we were pretty hammered by the end. I got out of there at 2:00 and had to work at 8:00 :dead:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
I had to deal with that yesterday. Played at a bar on Tuesday with an über guitarist (I say that because he had a loop station and was covering 3 parts all by himself). Some ass out in the audiance thought it would be funny to send us 2 shots a piece every few songs... we were pretty hammered by the end. I got out of there at 2:00 and had to work at 8:00 :dead:
An uber guitarist? :confused: is that like a SUPER DUPER REALLY REALLY RIDICULOUSLY GOOD guitarist?

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Originally posted by Heidi
Sigh - I am in no attitude to work. I just want to leave. Little thing called "short timers attitude".:p
Nothing like not giving a rat's ass about stuff that used to seem like a big deal. Puts it all into perspective.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Boredom is the word around work these days. There is drama at the company blah blah, so work has been slow.

That's fine with me. I've perfected the art of zoning out. I've researched things I've always wanted to know more of by way of surfing the net.

Things like:

Brown rice vs. White rice...what's the real difference?

What has the cast from Step By Step been up to lately?

How is your poo affected by the types of food you eat?

That's how my days have been going lately.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Ive been jonesin all day to go home and try out my new Mach 3 Power. :D Should be pretty sweet. All in all its been a pretty hurtin day.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Originally posted by dh girlie
An uber guitarist? :confused: is that like a SUPER DUPER REALLY REALLY RIDICULOUSLY GOOD guitarist?
Basically yeah. He had a boss loop station and would play 1:00 of a song then loop it and play some complimentarys stuff... loop that, then sometimes he would solo. So he was playing 2-3 parts all by himself at all times. It felt like there were more than just the 2 of us on stage... he was extremely good, I hope he wants to play more.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
84 Seconds?! Wow. I think I was able to get down to 94 once and I felt immortal. Yup, I'm a dork.

Work is finally starting to pick up for me again. I was getting kinda bored for about a week when a lady came back from maternity at work and took her work back. Well, long story short, I made it known to one of my bosses that I was at a stopping point with EVERYTHING. The past two days they started reviewing everybody's workload and have already started giving me some stuff I've never seen/done before. I'm stoked, I HATE boredom.

What's new with the cast from Step by Step? Check out www.wtbr.com for some old school sitcom action.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Well I'm now on my 9th consecutive hour without doing any work... preparing a one hour blitz at the end of the day to make like I accomplish something this week... :rolleyes:

<<<< Please lay me off!!

Btw went to HR last week to ask for a layoff.... they don't want to, they need me.... but wtf, its not like I'm doing any work!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Jozz
Well I'm now on my 9th consecutive hour without doing any work... preparing a one hour blitz at the end of the day to make like I accomplish something this week... :rolleyes:

<<<< Please lay me off!!

Btw went to HR last week to ask for a layoff.... they don't want to, they need me.... but wtf, its not like I'm doing any work!
YOu asked to be laid off??:confused: :confused:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
YOu asked to be laid off??:confused: :confused:
Yep!

They had to consult with my direct manager, he would not have it unless he would get laidoff too!! :D

My big boss is not aware of this, he would probably get pissed!!

Good thing I'm chumy chumy with the HR lady! :thumb:

I'm negotiating a plan with her to hand out my resignation and still collect unemployement.... have to :nopity: a lot...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Yep!

They had to consult with my direct manager, he would not have it unless he would get laidoff too!! :D

My big boss is not aware of this, he would probably get pissed!!

Good thing I'm chumy chumy with the HR lady! :thumb:

I'm negotiating a plan with her to hand out my resignation and still collect unemployement.... have to :nopity: a lot...
woah.........nutty!

Where do you want to go work Jozz?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
woah.........nutty!

Where do you want to go work Jozz?
Decided to leave society.... and go to the underground where the government can't catch me!! been giving 45% of my paycheck for 10 years now... I just had enough of this ****! I have rental income coming in each month so I can afford to do nothing for a while... life will guide me to my new calling... I hope :think:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Decided to leave society.... and go to the underground where the government can't catch me!! been giving 45% of my paycheck for 10 years now... I just had enough of this ****! I have rental income coming in each month so I can afford to do nothing for a while... life will guide me to my new calling... I hope :think:
:cool: