Quantcast

How bored are you right now?

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Apparently, this is the best paper airplane ever. Made by some college kids in the UK. I have yet to test it out, but I figured it was too important to not pass along.

It reminds me of the standard flyer, but has some nice touches to it.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
That's far too difficult. I'm far too bored for my own good. I've watched Saw and Saw II and can't seem to figure out why everyone loved them so much. Oh well, my next/last final isn't until Friday :(

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
right now I am preparing my fleet. I have several planes already produced and ready for the initial flight. I am also producing more planes with slight variations so that maybe i can take over the title of best paperplane ever made. i will documnet my findings and give a brief report once the launch is held

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
When I was a kid I had an entire book on paper airplanes and used to build a lot of them with my dad.

This one looks like the one I used to make all the time, it flew really well and you could do awesome stunts with it if you cut and folded tail flaps on it like the one posted at the start of this thread.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
just tryed that first one, dispite a few sloppy folds it does indeed fly very well, veers a little off to the right but thats probably because of my sloppy folds, gonna try BV's one next.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
steve45 said:
just tryed that first one, dispite a few sloppy folds it does indeed fly very well, veers a little off to the right but thats probably because of my sloppy folds, gonna try BV's one next.
It's very nose heavy, so give it a good push when you throw it. As I said, cutting flaps in the tail will allow you to give it some interesting flight characteristics.

If you find it too nose-heavy, you can apply some layers of scotch tape to the back of the wings to even it out.

Paper airplanes are a delicate science :D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I am so bored that I am actually doing work! Usualluy I just sip coffee and surf till lunch. No real work gets started before noon.

Actually my boss told me that my lazy morning have to stop.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
I tried the 1st airplane design it flew great, in fact to good my office is at the top of an open stairwell , the plane flew out my door and started down the stairwell, unbeknownst to me my boss was just beginning to ascend the stairwell. My new combat plane clipped my boss right above the eyebrow, now I have some 'splaining to do...:nopity:

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
The nose fold is tough to get, and it comes out looking like it shouldn't, really bulgy and stuff.

Mine works really well, it veered to the right a bunch too, play with the flaps in the back. And you only need the slightest tilt up to get it to fly straight, mine was skyrocketing when i first started.

Sweet deal!