Quantcast

How bout a now Playing Feature on RM?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I was thinking about it and it would be pretty frickin cool to have a feature that would show what monkeys are listening to while logged into the board. I don’t know if anyone uses MSN but they have a similar feature that appends it to your message on your buddy list.

Is this something we could do possibly under the avatar, rather than having this "what are you listening to" thread popping up every couple of days?

RM any thoughts? I don’t know how complicated this is to implement :confused:

_manhattan

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Toshi said:
www.last.fm

audioscrobbler is what you're looking for
that's the one. but...the free service which enabled you put a little script into yr sig file to show the last 5 tracks played is no longer (the guy couldn't afford the bandwidth anymore). i did see a paid service, but who wants to pay for that?

you could just put yr last.fm user into a link in a thread (sticky?) but i guess that's not exactly what you were looking for. it'd be easy, though.

http://www.last.fm/user/narlus/

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
It may be a lot of code, but there's already freeware/opensouce that gets the data from the music players. The hardest part would be to get that data onto RM, and for scripted application (like Safari) I don't see it as impossibly hard. I wouldn't want to code it though, but on the other hand I don't really know what I'm talking about.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
siriusbackstage.com used to be able to display the current song you are listening to through Sirius online but I haven't been there in a while to see if they still have it. It was down for a bit a few months back.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Mike B. said:
siriusbackstage.com used to be able to display the current song you are listening to through Sirius online but I haven't been there in a while to see if they still have it. It was down for a bit a few months back.
The question is why you'd want to be listening to Sirius.